General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin problem - No more sleep stats, Training Status, etc. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2022-03-10 8:47 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: Garmin problem - No more sleep stats, Training Status, etc.
Around November (well after I changed some settings in Oct for my 2021 IM race) I stopped getting Training Status, Sleep, or any of the other fun stuff on my Garmin Fenix 5. It records my workouts, and that's all that shows up on my "calendar" at Garmin Connect. I've read about every troubleshooting article there is and gone through the settings a dozen times. My wrist LED heart rate monitor is set to "auto." One variable I can think of is that I got one of the fancy new chest straps. (I was using the old one with the detachable run pod.)

Can anyone think of anything it could be? It's so annoying, I'm almost ready to call Garmin and endure whatever sort of phone tree and interminable hold time that might entail.

2022-03-11 2:14 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: Garmin problem - No more sleep stats, Training Status, etc.

Originally posted by alicefoeller Around November (well after I changed some settings in Oct for my 2021 IM race) I stopped getting Training Status, Sleep, or any of the other fun stuff on my Garmin Fenix 5. It records my workouts, and that's all that shows up on my "calendar" at Garmin Connect. I've read about every troubleshooting article there is and gone through the settings a dozen times. My wrist LED heart rate monitor is set to "auto." One variable I can think of is that I got one of the fancy new chest straps. (I was using the old one with the detachable run pod.) Can anyone think of anything it could be? It's so annoying, I'm almost ready to call Garmin and endure whatever sort of phone tree and interminable hold time that might entail.

I am still using my 310XT so I don't get training status, sleep status, an even know what the other fun stuff is.  I have got good support from Garmin though.  I have sent help tickets to [email protected] a few times (after exhausting all the troublshooting articles without success, and going through all the settings a dozen times).  I think the longest I have ever waited was about three days but they have go with me same day on request too.  They have always got me taken care of and everything back to working the way I expect it to. For the 10-20 minutes it takes to work with the support group you can save 3-4 hours of reading troubleshooting articles and going through settings. 

2022-03-20 11:46 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Garmin problem - No more sleep stats, Training Status, etc.
Thank you!

I got the right idea finally (I had accidentally connected the watch to two different logins/Garmin accounts) but I didn't get the solution right away. I called Garmin and did what they said (disconnect device from the wrong account, turn Activity Tracking on and off and reset the watch) but that didn't do it.

Here's what worked:
1) Disconnect watch from wrong account (go into Devices and choose Remove).
2) **Disconnect watch from CORRECT account also (remove Device)
3) **Disconnect watch from phone app
4) **Go to phone Bluetooth and ALSO "forget" device from bluetooth menu
5) Turn Activity Tracking off and back on.
6) Reset watch by holding top left (backlight) button for 7-10 seconds until watch turns off. (This is different from turning watch off and on.)
7) Go to sleep. Wake up and have sleep data and Training Status and all the fun stuff again!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin problem - No more sleep stats, Training Status, etc. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Garmin syncing update

Started by alicefoeller
Views: 515 Posts: 2

2021-12-12 8:13 PM alicefoeller

Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration

Started by Greedo100
Views: 553 Posts: 3

2021-06-11 6:55 AM Greedo100

how do you factory reset the garmin 920xt?

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 4839 Posts: 5

2021-04-24 5:34 AM karrjmece9

Training with Shingles

Started by Jeepguy2358
Views: 12873 Posts: 22

2021-04-24 2:21 AM harberxkun

Strength training - nautilus vs free weights?

Started by smrancourt
Views: 7172 Posts: 14

2021-04-29 10:35 AM hendrenukx48