Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 100

2024-04-25 9:52 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

@Nathalie:  OWS sounds cold .  What's your water temp now?  We're still below 60*F around here. 

Very solid race schedule.  I love the weird tri distances. 

60F would be a warm bath compared to what it is now. I don’t think it’s much over 10C (50 corgis, no, hang on, not corgis, that’s a unit of distance. Farenheit).

It’s a tradition, every 1st May, the local swim club have their premiere, whatever the weather, whatever the water temperature. We’re vikings after all (except I am not and neither is the mad leader of the pack, who regularly swims OWS marathons, he’s American)

It won’t be a long swim but with wetsuit, double swim cap, gloves and booties, I’ll survive.

Yes, I love those weird short distances too, they are a lot of fun.

2024-04-25 11:22 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by Rollergirl

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

@Nathalie:  OWS sounds cold .  What's your water temp now?  We're still below 60*F around here. 

Very solid race schedule.  I love the weird tri distances. 

60F would be a warm bath compared to what it is now. I don’t think it’s much over 10C (50 corgis, no, hang on, not corgis, that’s a unit of distance. Farenheit).

It’s a tradition, every 1st May, the local swim club have their premiere, whatever the weather, whatever the water temperature. We’re vikings after all (except I am not and neither is the mad leader of the pack, who regularly swims OWS marathons, he’s American)

It won’t be a long swim but with wetsuit, double swim cap, gloves and booties, I’ll survive.

Yes, I love those weird short distances too, they are a lot of fun.

There is absolutely something to be said about adhering to tradition, regardless of whether or not it might kill you. Brava!
2024-04-25 11:32 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Nat--I'm super jealous you have a tri schedule figured out!! I'm so behind in identifying any races other than MiTi (national championship) and Townsville (world championship)--both of which are in August.

Rest week continues and it is *almost* distracting me from the fact that my marathon was supposed to be this weekend. I mean, the race is still going on, but I'm not doing it. Now I think I should have just dropped down to the HM, but then, I know I can do that and it doesn't sound like that much fun, really. 60' tempo ride this morning with 24' in Z3--watched the team the Bombers are going to play on Friday absolutely obliterate the team that absolutely obliterated the Bombers two weeks ago as my "entertainment." Tomorrow might be a depressing day.

Summer Schedule (so far):
May 4--Ride the Sky, a hilly 53mile ride to support the local humane society
May 27--Trifesta Italiaia sprint (pool swim--350y/15mi/5k--ish, sorta, from memory)
June 22--Tour de Corn, flat af century ride where there will be no corn to be seen until mile 60

July---???
August 11--MiTi 140.6 (National Champioinship)
August 25--Tri the Reef Ultra (some insanely weird distances for an ultra--like a 3/4 IM--World Championship)

September--don't know yet, maybe like this past year with an Oly and maybe a gravel bike and gravel HIM race (same one as last year. For some reason I think my bike handling skills will have improved with absolutely zero additional practice at gravel riding).

I'd like to get in a couple more races in June and early July, including a HIM just for funsies, but the one I like is the same weekend as my Mom's birthday and the other one I've done more locally is usually the last weekend in July, which is a bit close to my 140.6 for comfort. If anyone knows of a HIM in early July somewhere where it might not be STUPID hot and humid that is within driving distance of the butt hole of Illinois, let me know!
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 870 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland