Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 94

2024-03-28 1:06 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN

Originally posted by Rollergirl
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by Rollergirl
Originally posted by jmhpsu93 Steady state lactate levels with ultimate failure around an hour.  Different protocols vary but for running it's about your 10K race pace for us give or take. 
thanks, so next question: what's a threshold test?

Different testing protocols for different theories of it, but you can do a 20-minute all-out run or bike and there are formulas that give you your numbers.  There's also a ramp-test on the bike which is brutal but way shorter and you can do it in the middle of training block without impacting recovery.  For running I've always used my 10K race pace plus a few seconds per mile.  Tempo runs should be done at your threshold pace.

ummm, I must be stupid I don't get it. If you do a "all out" 20 minutes run it's not at your 10k pace is it (unless you run a 10k in 20 minutes) So if you do a threshold test, you should'nt barf at the end because running 20 minutes at your 10k pace is not especially difficult (given that you normally run a 10k in, say 50- 60 minutes (in my case))

In all cases you will be hammering the 20 minutes on the bike or running, then there is a calculation that extrapolates it to your hour time in watts for the bike, or pace for the run.

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 94

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 845 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland