Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2023-01-23 6:41 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever!
Originally posted by juniperjen

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by abake
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by abake Happy Friday Manatees!!

Happy Friday!

Let there be Pizza!

During Covid Phil started making pizza on Friday nights and we eat it while watching food network. We still do it
Such a great tradition!
food network is about the only thing we can agree on. We started with all the Guy Fieri shows and beat Bobby Flay but now we watch all the baking championships! LOL

I am right there with you! I think my kids recognize food network chefs as much as other celebrities! My 5-year old loves Beat Bobby Flay. LOL!! I don't watch the kids baking championship but all the others I just love! 

I love the kids baking championship!! LOL They can bake for me ANYTIME

2023-01-23 7:43 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Expert

Happy Friday!

Let there be Pizza!

During Covid Phil started making pizza on Friday nights and we eat it while watching food network. We still do it
Such a great tradition!
food network is about the only thing we can agree on. We started with all the Guy Fieri shows and beat Bobby Flay but now we watch all the baking championships! LOL

I am right there with you! I think my kids recognize food network chefs as much as other celebrities! My 5-year old loves Beat Bobby Flay. LOL!! I don't watch the kids baking championship but all the others I just love! 

I feel like I need to start watching the Food Network, haha
2023-01-23 8:11 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Denver, Colorado
Today I went swimming for a first time in over a year and I still know how to swim! I was actually very surprised how well and smooth it went (both, free and breast).
It was not a too long session, because I was there with my son. We are planning to go together twice a week. The main idea is to work on his posture, but I also want him to be fit and do some activities. He does not like any team sports, so swimming is actually perfect, because he does not have to interrract with anyone (he is high functioning autistic teenager).
Anyways, I thought I will work with him on breaststroke, mostly because I thought it's the easiest one to teach (he had some lessons when he was little, which was very long time ago). It turns out he struggled a bit and I have a hard time teaching swimming (because I am not a professional swimming instructor). But I loved that he was not giving up and was so persistant. I noticed, however, that he had this natural tendency to move his body more into a freestyle way. It's hard for me to explain, but when I went underwater just to observ what he is doing with his body, it seemed as if his legs and the body as a whole was trying to make freestyle move - the folling from side to side, and it interfered with him trying to force the breast stroke movements. So I think next time we go we will try with freestyle. I suggested that we take individual lesson, so a person who knows what they're doing can help him. He said he would think about it - and I hope he agrees! I am happy though that even with a poor technique he enjoyed just doing laps.
2023-01-24 7:56 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

Happy Friday!

Let there be Pizza!

Such a great tradition!

I feel like I need to start watching the Food Network, haha

LOL

2023-01-24 7:56 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by marysia83 Today I went swimming for a first time in over a year and I still know how to swim! I was actually very surprised how well and smooth it went (both, free and breast). It was not a too long session, because I was there with my son. We are planning to go together twice a week. The main idea is to work on his posture, but I also want him to be fit and do some activities. He does not like any team sports, so swimming is actually perfect, because he does not have to interrract with anyone (he is high functioning autistic teenager). Anyways, I thought I will work with him on breaststroke, mostly because I thought it's the easiest one to teach (he had some lessons when he was little, which was very long time ago). It turns out he struggled a bit and I have a hard time teaching swimming (because I am not a professional swimming instructor). But I loved that he was not giving up and was so persistant. I noticed, however, that he had this natural tendency to move his body more into a freestyle way. It's hard for me to explain, but when I went underwater just to observ what he is doing with his body, it seemed as if his legs and the body as a whole was trying to make freestyle move - the folling from side to side, and it interfered with him trying to force the breast stroke movements. So I think next time we go we will try with freestyle. I suggested that we take individual lesson, so a person who knows what they're doing can help him. He said he would think about it - and I hope he agrees! I am happy though that even with a poor technique he enjoyed just doing laps.

Way to get back at it!

2023-01-24 9:12 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by marysia83 Today I went swimming for a first time in over a year and I still know how to swim! I was actually very surprised how well and smooth it went (both, free and breast). It was not a too long session, because I was there with my son. We are planning to go together twice a week. The main idea is to work on his posture, but I also want him to be fit and do some activities. He does not like any team sports, so swimming is actually perfect, because he does not have to interrract with anyone (he is high functioning autistic teenager). Anyways, I thought I will work with him on breaststroke, mostly because I thought it's the easiest one to teach (he had some lessons when he was little, which was very long time ago). It turns out he struggled a bit and I have a hard time teaching swimming (because I am not a professional swimming instructor). But I loved that he was not giving up and was so persistant. I noticed, however, that he had this natural tendency to move his body more into a freestyle way. It's hard for me to explain, but when I went underwater just to observ what he is doing with his body, it seemed as if his legs and the body as a whole was trying to make freestyle move - the folling from side to side, and it interfered with him trying to force the breast stroke movements. So I think next time we go we will try with freestyle. I suggested that we take individual lesson, so a person who knows what they're doing can help him. He said he would think about it - and I hope he agrees! I am happy though that even with a poor technique he enjoyed just doing laps.

glad you and your son are swimming together. I find that the free style stroke is much more natural than breast stroke, so perhaps your son does too. If you don't do an in person lesson perhaps swim smooth or some similar on-line videos would be helpful.

2023-01-24 9:29 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by marysia83Today I went swimming for a first time in over a year and I still know how to swim! I was actually very surprised how well and smooth it went (both, free and breast).It was not a too long session, because I was there with my son. We are planning to go together twice a week. The main idea is to work on his posture, but I also want him to be fit and do some activities. He does not like any team sports, so swimming is actually perfect, because he does not have to interrract with anyone (he is high functioning autistic teenager).Anyways, I thought I will work with him on breaststroke, mostly because I thought it's the easiest one to teach (he had some lessons when he was little, which was very long time ago). It turns out he struggled a bit and I have a hard time teaching swimming (because I am not a professional swimming instructor). But I loved that he was not giving up and was so persistant. I noticed, however, that he had this natural tendency to move his body more into a freestyle way. It's hard for me to explain, but when I went underwater just to observ what he is doing with his body, it seemed as if his legs and the body as a whole was trying to make freestyle move - the folling from side to side, and it interfered with him trying to force the breast stroke movements. So I think next time we go we will try with freestyle. I suggested that we take individual lesson, so a person who knows what they're doing can help him. He said he would think about it - and I hope he agrees! I am happy though that even with a poor technique he enjoyed just doing laps.
That is fantastic. Way to get back at it and get your sone (hopefully addicted) to swimming. On line videos, like the ones on total immersion website may help.
2023-01-25 6:36 AM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC

Originally posted by canadarn2001 Chattanooga 70.3 -> in this group Annemarie, Jim and I are signed up? Is that correct? Anyone else?

That's all I know of.

We need to get Ann-Marie all healed up though!

Yeah, my Choo plan is looking bleak right now. Call the whahbulance

It's looking very swim focused at the moment!

It is and that makes me 

I am waiting to sign up. I have a two week murder trial that is going to be scheduled and that will dictate when I get to have fun. We have a final pre-trial scheduled on Feb 13 and I should know then.

Ohgoodness...the average person cannot say that!
2023-01-27 12:28 PM
in reply to: canadarn2001

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Anyone doing anything this weekend?
2023-01-27 12:37 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Expert
Originally posted by ceilidh

It is a relax, reboot and refresh weekend for us.
2023-01-27 3:02 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

It is a relax, reboot and refresh weekend for us.

Packing and moving weekend for us... That's going to be my workout

2023-01-27 7:01 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

I am pretty late to the party here. It has been a hectic few weeks. My daughter was home for a few weeks from her first year in college and then I was doing some traveling for work.

Name: Jason

Other Social Media: I am on FB but do not use it much other than to keep up on what people that I grew up with are doing. I rarely post. I am on Strava as "Jason G", including in the manatee group.

Story: I grew up in central California playing several sports, including a lot of swimming. After law school, I came to Alaska for one year for a judicial clerkship - that was 18 years ago. Worked as a prosecutor for several years, and then in 2018 I was appointed by the governor to be a judge. I survived my first retention election this past November, so I will be here for at least six more years. My wife and I currently planning/negotiating on whether I'll retire at that point. I just want to travel, but my son will be right in the middle of college then. I try to swim, bike and run and somewhat regularly, although my job is pretty demanding of my time. A couple summers ago my son and I started golfing, and it's sort of our addiction now. My wife got involved this past summer as well. We also do a ton of fishing and boating in the summer for halibut and salmon.

Family Status: married, 18 year old daughter that is in her first year of college in Idaho (she was 3 months old when we came to AK), and a 14 year old son that is a freshman in HS. And a Schnauser named Berkeley.

Current Training: Trying to work back towards 3x/week of bike/run, and at least 1-2 swims.

Races/Events: My hope for this summer is a couple of 5k's, a couple of sprint tri's, and a half marathon in September.

What makes me a good Manatee:I love the camaraderie of the group and will try to give input where I can, although the group has far more experience than I do. I also listen to You Are an Ironman at least once a year on audiobook, so I love that I am in a group with Leeanne. It makes me feel like I sort of know a celebrity. Haha.
2023-01-29 4:54 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by alaskatri

I am pretty late to the party here. It has been a hectic few weeks. My daughter was home for a few weeks from her first year in college and then I was doing some traveling for work.

Name: Jason

Other Social Media: I am on FB but do not use it much other than to keep up on what people that I grew up with are doing. I rarely post. I am on Strava as "Jason G", including in the manatee group.

Story: I grew up in central California playing several sports, including a lot of swimming. After law school, I came to Alaska for one year for a judicial clerkship - that was 18 years ago. Worked as a prosecutor for several years, and then in 2018 I was appointed by the governor to be a judge. I survived my first retention election this past November, so I will be here for at least six more years. My wife and I currently planning/negotiating on whether I'll retire at that point. I just want to travel, but my son will be right in the middle of college then. I try to swim, bike and run and somewhat regularly, although my job is pretty demanding of my time. A couple summers ago my son and I started golfing, and it's sort of our addiction now. My wife got involved this past summer as well. We also do a ton of fishing and boating in the summer for halibut and salmon.

Family Status: married, 18 year old daughter that is in her first year of college in Idaho (she was 3 months old when we came to AK), and a 14 year old son that is a freshman in HS. And a Schnauser named Berkeley.

Current Training: Trying to work back towards 3x/week of bike/run, and at least 1-2 swims.

Races/Events: My hope for this summer is a couple of 5k's, a couple of sprint tri's, and a half marathon in September.

What makes me a good Manatee:I love the camaraderie of the group and will try to give input where I can, although the group has far more experience than I do. I also listen to You Are an Ironman at least once a year on audiobook, so I love that I am in a group with Leeanne. It makes me feel like I sort of know a celebrity. Haha.

Jason: Love that you still read "You are an Ironman" annually! I am far from a celebrity but I'll take that as a complement. We had friends who lived in Alaska and just moved to the mountain of NC.
2023-01-29 6:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alaskatri I am pretty late to the party here. It has been a hectic few weeks. My daughter was home for a few weeks from her first year in college and then I was doing some traveling for work. Name: Jason Other Social Media: I am on FB but do not use it much other than to keep up on what people that I grew up with are doing. I rarely post. I am on Strava as "Jason G", including in the manatee group. Story: I grew up in central California playing several sports, including a lot of swimming. After law school, I came to Alaska for one year for a judicial clerkship - that was 18 years ago. Worked as a prosecutor for several years, and then in 2018 I was appointed by the governor to be a judge. I survived my first retention election this past November, so I will be here for at least six more years. My wife and I currently planning/negotiating on whether I'll retire at that point. I just want to travel, but my son will be right in the middle of college then. I try to swim, bike and run and somewhat regularly, although my job is pretty demanding of my time. A couple summers ago my son and I started golfing, and it's sort of our addiction now. My wife got involved this past summer as well. We also do a ton of fishing and boating in the summer for halibut and salmon. Family Status: married, 18 year old daughter that is in her first year of college in Idaho (she was 3 months old when we came to AK), and a 14 year old son that is a freshman in HS. And a Schnauser named Berkeley. Current Training: Trying to work back towards 3x/week of bike/run, and at least 1-2 swims. Races/Events: My hope for this summer is a couple of 5k's, a couple of sprint tri's, and a half marathon in September. What makes me a good Manatee:I love the camaraderie of the group and will try to give input where I can, although the group has far more experience than I do. I also listen to You Are an Ironman at least once a year on audiobook, so I love that I am in a group with Leeanne. It makes me feel like I sort of know a celebrity. Haha.

Welcome back Jason!  One thing my family and I commented on during our Alaska family vacation is that almost every tour guide we spoke with came to Alaska for vacation and never left. It sounds like the same may be true for judicial internships. I almost did an internship at the DA's office and now think if I had i'd still be there! Instead at 7a Sunday I'm sitting outside, drinking coffee while watching tv and reading BT posts!

Edited by amd723 2023-01-29 6:47 AM
2023-01-29 6:48 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by canadarn2001
Originally posted by alaskatri I am pretty late to the party here. It has been a hectic few weeks. My daughter was home for a few weeks from her first year in college and then I was doing some traveling for work. Name: Jason Other Social Media: I am on FB but do not use it much other than to keep up on what people that I grew up with are doing. I rarely post. I am on Strava as "Jason G", including in the manatee group. Story: I grew up in central California playing several sports, including a lot of swimming. After law school, I came to Alaska for one year for a judicial clerkship - that was 18 years ago. Worked as a prosecutor for several years, and then in 2018 I was appointed by the governor to be a judge. I survived my first retention election this past November, so I will be here for at least six more years. My wife and I currently planning/negotiating on whether I'll retire at that point. I just want to travel, but my son will be right in the middle of college then. I try to swim, bike and run and somewhat regularly, although my job is pretty demanding of my time. A couple summers ago my son and I started golfing, and it's sort of our addiction now. My wife got involved this past summer as well. We also do a ton of fishing and boating in the summer for halibut and salmon. Family Status: married, 18 year old daughter that is in her first year of college in Idaho (she was 3 months old when we came to AK), and a 14 year old son that is a freshman in HS. And a Schnauser named Berkeley. Current Training: Trying to work back towards 3x/week of bike/run, and at least 1-2 swims. Races/Events: My hope for this summer is a couple of 5k's, a couple of sprint tri's, and a half marathon in September. What makes me a good Manatee:I love the camaraderie of the group and will try to give input where I can, although the group has far more experience than I do. I also listen to You Are an Ironman at least once a year on audiobook, so I love that I am in a group with Leeanne. It makes me feel like I sort of know a celebrity. Haha.
Jason: Love that you still read "You are an Ironman" annually! I am far from a celebrity but I'll take that as a complement. We had friends who lived in Alaska and just moved to the mountain of NC.

I had not heard of the book You are an Ironman, but now I think I need to find it!

2023-01-29 5:24 PM
in reply to: amd723

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC

I had not heard of the book You are an Ironman, but now I think I need to find it!

Ha! It's an oldie but a goodie! I come across as being 'clumsy' in that book. It was a book written by a NYC author who profiled 5 or 6 Ironman newbies and our journey's to our first Ironman in 2009. It was fun to be included!

2023-01-30 6:09 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Ha! It's an oldie but a goodie! I come across as being 'clumsy' in that book. It was a book written by a NYC author who profiled 5 or 6 Ironman newbies and our journey's to our first Ironman in 2009. It was fun to be included!
Wo, Leanne. I didnt know about this. How cool. I just ordered the book! I should get you to autograph it!
2023-01-30 6:14 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri I am pretty late to the party here. It has been a hectic few weeks. My daughter was home for a few weeks from her first year in college and then I was doing some traveling for work. Name: Jason 

Welcome back!

2023-01-30 6:16 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Wo, Leanne. I didnt know about this. How cool. I just ordered the book! I should get you to autograph it!

Super cool!

2023-01-30 6:17 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Super cool!

2023-01-30 8:56 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cypress, Texas

So...We just complete week #3 of the Kiwami Race Team Winter Bike Group Training that I am leading.  It has been fun to have a dozen people working through the same plan together.  Week 1 was just orientation to make sure that everyone was able to successful set up an indoor bike trainer and pair it with their favorite indoor training ap.  Week 2 we did power testing an week 3 week started the real work.  So a lot of people were doing types of workouts this week that they have never done before.  The two sets of 6 x 40s @ VO2max / 20s @ recovery interval and the 15min @ 86% FTP @ 60-65 RPM were the segment that got the most discussion.  I has been really nice to hear everyone say how the workouts are hard but that they are doable and that everyone feels like they are getting a lot more out of their training time on the bike than they had been. 

We had our annual Cypress Running Club Elite group banquet this weekend.  Most of the group (not me) did the Houston Chevron Marathon earlier this month so that marked a big mile stone date and so it was time for some recognition.  The lady who got the award for running the most miles in 2022 logged 2,800 miles.  I was only about 2,000 miles behind her.  I got the award for the fasted 5K race time in 2022.  There is only one other guy in the group who is a dedicated 5K running.  The rest are all marathoners.  The award for the fastest marathon in 2022 was for a 2hour 37min race (which he did twice).    We had four people in the group qualify for the Abbott Marathon World Championship in 2022, and we had 2 people qualify for the IM 70.3 Worlds in 2022.  Part of me wishes I would have logged 2,800 miles, part of me wished that I would have traveled to and iconic destination races, etc. but the thing I miss the most was not getting to got to IM 70.3 Worlds with the two guys from our group.  Both of them are younger guys who are new in the sport.  They both run sub 2hr 15min open half marathon.  They both qualified for IM 70.3 Worlds at their first 70.3 race and both of them did IM 70.3 Worlds as their second 70.3.  It would have been nice to be there with them.

On a bright note I got an unexpected letter for The Woodlands Marathon Elite Coordinator last night.  I missed the qualifying time for the free Elite bib for the 1/2 marathon by 16 seconds in my Thanksgiving Day 1/2 marathon.  I though I would make the qualifying time and when I came across the 10 mile marker I was 71 seconds under pace to make the cut off.  I didn't let up and pushed all the way to finish.  The GPS pace I was running at from the 10-mile marker to the finish would have put me 53 seconds under the qualifying time, but the race results put me 16 seconds over.  So after beating myself up over it for a month I decided to just submit my GPS data which had me at 40 seconds under the qualifying time and see what happened.  So I got my rejection notification last week based on the official race time.  So I asked them again to consider the GPS data since I felt that there was some doubt about the distance of the course from the 10 mile mark to the finish.  It was a loop so unlike an out and back you don't know if how far you have to go until you get there and I was raining hard so there were some sections that were flooded which could have resulted in the course adding distance to go around flooded areas in the last 5k that I had no way of adjusting my pace for make the cut off time.  So...I got my acceptance letter after I petitioned in the GPS data and get to run in the Elite division on March 4th.  I am sure I will be 10+ minutes out of the money, but I just wanted the free entry because races are getting expensive and I would have been sitting this one out otherwise.  VIP parking, VIP package pick-up, VIP gear drop-off, passes to the VIP post race tent, etc.  I am very excited.

Edited by BlueBoy26 2023-01-30 9:01 AM

2023-01-30 8:53 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

So...We just complete week #3 of the Kiwami Race Team Winter Bike Group Training that I am leading.  It has been fun to have a dozen people working through the same plan together.  Week 1 was just orientation to make sure that everyone was able to successful set up an indoor bike trainer and pair it with their favorite indoor training ap.  Week 2 we did power testing an week 3 week started the real work.  So a lot of people were doing types of workouts this week that they have never done before.  The two sets of 6 x 40s @ VO2max / 20s @ recovery interval and the 15min @ 86% FTP @ 60-65 RPM were the segment that got the most discussion.  I has been really nice to hear everyone say how the workouts are hard but that they are doable and that everyone feels like they are getting a lot more out of their training time on the bike than they had been. 

We had our annual Cypress Running Club Elite group banquet this weekend.  Most of the group (not me) did the Houston Chevron Marathon earlier this month so that marked a big mile stone date and so it was time for some recognition.  The lady who got the award for running the most miles in 2022 logged 2,800 miles.  I was only about 2,000 miles behind her.  I got the award for the fasted 5K race time in 2022.  There is only one other guy in the group who is a dedicated 5K running.  The rest are all marathoners.  The award for the fastest marathon in 2022 was for a 2hour 37min race (which he did twice).    We had four people in the group qualify for the Abbott Marathon World Championship in 2022, and we had 2 people qualify for the IM 70.3 Worlds in 2022.  Part of me wishes I would have logged 2,800 miles, part of me wished that I would have traveled to and iconic destination races, etc. but the thing I miss the most was not getting to got to IM 70.3 Worlds with the two guys from our group.  Both of them are younger guys who are new in the sport.  They both run sub 2hr 15min open half marathon.  They both qualified for IM 70.3 Worlds at their first 70.3 race and both of them did IM 70.3 Worlds as their second 70.3.  It would have been nice to be there with them.

On a bright note I got an unexpected letter for The Woodlands Marathon Elite Coordinator last night.  I missed the qualifying time for the free Elite bib for the 1/2 marathon by 16 seconds in my Thanksgiving Day 1/2 marathon.  I though I would make the qualifying time and when I came across the 10 mile marker I was 71 seconds under pace to make the cut off.  I didn't let up and pushed all the way to finish.  The GPS pace I was running at from the 10-mile marker to the finish would have put me 53 seconds under the qualifying time, but the race results put me 16 seconds over.  So after beating myself up over it for a month I decided to just submit my GPS data which had me at 40 seconds under the qualifying time and see what happened.  So I got my rejection notification last week based on the official race time.  So I asked them again to consider the GPS data since I felt that there was some doubt about the distance of the course from the 10 mile mark to the finish.  It was a loop so unlike an out and back you don't know if how far you have to go until you get there and I was raining hard so there were some sections that were flooded which could have resulted in the course adding distance to go around flooded areas in the last 5k that I had no way of adjusting my pace for make the cut off time.  So...I got my acceptance letter after I petitioned in the GPS data and get to run in the Elite division on March 4th.  I am sure I will be 10+ minutes out of the money, but I just wanted the free entry because races are getting expensive and I would have been sitting this one out otherwise.  VIP parking, VIP package pick-up, VIP gear drop-off, passes to the VIP post race tent, etc.  I am very excited.

Wow! All of this is incredible! So you are doing the Woodland's half marathon on March 4th? You racing group sounds like a strong group of athletes!

Leanne
2023-01-31 5:23 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

You've been busy!! Congrats on getting the Elite entry. Being a VIP sounds like the way to race

2023-01-31 11:19 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Wow! All of this is incredible! So you are doing the Woodland's half marathon on March 4th? You racing group sounds like a strong group of athletes! Leanne

Yes...there are around 800 member of the Cypress Running Club.  We have a half dozen different training groups starting with the walking group, then the Couch to 5K, then the mileage builders group, Intermediate, Advanced, Elite groups (I know I missed a few of the groups).  The Elite group was formed about 3 months after I moved to Houston.  Guys in that group are running sub 3-hour marathons and the ladies are running sub 3:20 marathons.  There are dozens of running clubs in the Houston area, but we are possibly the only Elite group so we have become a magnet group with a few people traveling from  30 minutes away to run with us on Saturday mornings.  I live 2 miles from where we meet on Saturdays and some times run over to the meet-up from the house.  It is a really good group to run with.  They have had a bad influence on me though.  My race schedule from 2015-2021 was almost exclusively triathlons and multisport events.  My current list of events is the following;

2/11/2023 - Katy, TX Half Marathon (Free - 1:40 Pacer)

3/04/2023 - The Woodlands, TX Half Marathon (Free - Elite Bib)

4/01/2023 - Cypress Fairbanks ISD Super Intendents 5K (tentative to run w/ the kids)

4/17/2023 - Boston Marathon

So....all running for the next three months. 

My company however has a cooperate sponsored team for a 2-day bike from Houston to Austin that is 4/29/2023 to 4/30/2023.  The first team meeting is next week but I have already submitted my Bib & Jersey size for the Primal team kit order so I will be able to add that to my list of event soon.  I will only be able to ride the 75 mile of the first day of the ride but the team captain already confirmed that I didn't have to ride both days to be on the team.  So, I will be running for all spring while training for a 75 bike event.  There are three local triathlon is May and one local Triathlon in October.  I might try to do the triathlon the last Monday of May, but have a pretty full schedule for me, so I don't know when my next multisport event will be. I entertained the idea of doing USAT Nationals in Milwaukee but I will try to get through all the April Races before I plan more events at this point.

2023-01-31 3:57 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Lots of good stuff here, congrats!  Sounds like it will be a fun racing season.

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  

of 33