Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Clinton rips... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2006-09-25 3:23 PM

Pro
Subject: Clinton rips...
...FauxNews a new one.

I know Clinton is a sore spot for US neocons, but boy, I was impressed with how he called the smarmy Fox interviewer on his crap. It was excellent. Say what you want about the man, but he's sharp as a tack. Actually, come to think of it, he's probably a sore spot for some because he's so sharp!

Let the infidelity jokes begin!

*See pot. Stir pot.*

2006-09-25 3:24 PM
in reply to: #551159

User image

Runner
Subject: RE: Clinton rips...
Uhhh....I missed something....what are you referring to?
2006-09-25 3:27 PM
in reply to: #551161

Pro
Scout7 - 2006-09-25 4:24 PM

Uhhh....I missed something....what are you referring to?

http://www.break.com/index/purple_faced_rage.html

2006-09-25 3:28 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-09-25 3:31 PM

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Nice post...yes, you're exactly right. Clinton was 100% right with everything he said during that interview. He even caught Chris Wallace in an outright lie! When he asked if he [Wallace] asked the same questions of the "right", Wallace said, "yes, we ask the same questions" and he was ABSO-FRICKIN-LUTELY lying. There is not a single higher level cabinet member in WH that FauxNews has asked this same question to. The closest FauxNews got was when they asked Rummy a similar question, but it was a lot more sympathetic.

FauxNews is nothing but 24/7 Bullcrap to feed the Neocons. Fox even had "Mr. Credibility" himself in this morning, (Bill O'liely, err, Bill O'Reilly) to give his "no-spin" analysis about the interview. That guy makes me want to puke.

Nevertheless, I was pumping my fist during the entire interview. I was sooo happy to hear Clinton lay into Wallace like that.
2006-09-25 3:31 PM
in reply to: #551169

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Lara - 2006-09-25 3:28 PM

it was great   i can't wait to get home and watch the full interview tonight..  i love it when someone calls the press on their BS..

If you go on mediamatters.org you can download it right now. It is one of the most beautiful interviews I have heard in years.

2006-09-25 4:01 PM

Pro
St Charles, IL

It's really funny how distorted history can be.  Here's some choice quotes regarding Clinton's 1998 air strikes which were targetting Al Qaeada:

Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-NV):
          Look at the movie Wag the Dog. I think this has all the elements of that movie,
          Rep. Jim Gibbons, R-Nev., said. Our reaction to the embassy bombings should be based   
          on sound credible evidence, not a knee-jerk reaction to try to direct public attention  
          away from his personal problems.

Pete Sessions (R-TX)
          Im very supportive of the strike that has happened, but I will tell you that the
          timing is very questionable. This was the day that Monica Lewinsky has gone back to the
          grand jury, evidently enraged. Certainly that information will be overshadowed.

John Ashcroft (R-MO):
          We support the president out of a sense of duty whenever he deploys military
          forces, but were not sure - were these forces sent at this time because he needed to
          divert our attention from his personal problems?

So back then, Clinton was just doing it to distract from Monica?  Now, it's more convenient politically to assert that he didn't do enough.

2006-09-25 4:55 PM

Extreme Veteran
DFW Metroplex
So are we blamiing Bush for not getting Bin Laden?  Or are we agreeing that Clinton tried as hard as he could to get Bin Laden?
2006-09-25 4:59 PM
in reply to: #551231

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Do a google search for Rush Limbaugh and Hannity's opinions about Clinton's airstrikes. They wanted him hung from the highest tree when that was all going down.

It is quite funny to read how they were so against placing troops overseas, but wow, have they turned about face.
2006-09-25 5:06 PM

Elite

As a none-to-biased-served-under-the-sleeze-bag, it was great for me for different reasons.  I loved how he was so cool in office and then just blows his stack now that he doesn't have an election to worry about.  That speaks volumes to his sincerity (or total lack thereof) when he was in office.

And it's laughable to say that the Bush folks have been getting softballs from the Media (or are you just saying Fox in general), I can find more than one confrontation where the folks with Press Passes were flat out confrontational with the White House PR folks.

The idea that he had Osama literaly in the crosshairs is a bit overblown, but the fact is he sat on his hands (or was doing something else less than constructive with them) for 8 years as we endured one terrorist attack after another and did nothing helpful.  Hell, his administration is a large part of the reason Israel has had to make so many concessions in their negotiations. 

And in that interview he once again demonstarted his utter lack of understanding of the military when he said the administration thought Iraq was "seven times more important" than finding Bin Ladin because there was that many more troops in Iraq than in Afghanistan.  Good one Billy, nice logic.  Except that in Iraq you're dealing with an active insurgency, far more significant nation building in a country teetering on civil war.  While in Afghanistan it's basically peace-keeping, mild nation building and of course the search for OBL.  So what should we do?  Cram 750,000 troops into the area and just do a shoulder to shoulder walk through the mountains until we find him?Yeah, Slick Willy, that sounds like something you would do.  Idiot.  It's about as smart as announcing that we wouldn't use ground troops in Kosovo before any military action was taken, basically telling the other side to do nothing but prepare air defense.  Got any more jems besides sounding indignant and making up stuff about how hard you tried to get him.  You might be a Rhodes scholar but you couldn't lead a military through a Boy Scouts obstacle course.

bts

2006-09-25 5:20 PM
in reply to: #551308

Giver
Brett - 2006-09-25 6:06 PM

And it's laughable to say that the Bush folks have been getting softballs from the Media (or are you just saying Fox in general), I can find more than one confrontation where the folks with Press Passes were flat out confrontational with the White House PR folks.

Re. softballs: he was talking specifically about Fox News. 

2006-09-25 5:21 PM

Master
Denver
Brett - 2006-09-25 4:06 PM

As a none-to-biased-served-under-the-sleeze-bag, it was great for me for different reasons.  I loved how he was so cool in office and then just blows his stack now that he doesn't have an election to worry about.  That speaks volumes to his sincerity (or total lack thereof) when he was in office.

The idea that he had Osama literaly in the crosshairs is a bit overblown, but the fact is he sat on his hands (or was doing something else less than constructive with them) for 8 years as we endured one terrorist attack after another and did nothing helpful.  Hell, his administration is a large part of the reason Israel has had to make so many concessions in their negotiations. 

And in that interview he once again demonstarted his utter lack of understanding of the military when he said the administration thought Iraq was "seven times more important" than finding Bin Ladin because there was that many more troops in Iraq than in Afghanistan.  Good one Billy, nice logic.  Except that in Iraq you're dealing with an active insurgency, far more significant nation building in a country teetering on civil war.  While in Afghanistan it's basically peace-keeping, mild nation building and of course the search for OBL.  So what should we do?  Cram 750,000 troops into the area and just do a shoulder to shoulder walk through the mountains until we find him?Yeah, Slick Willy, that sounds like something you would do.  Idiot.  It's about as smart as announcing that we wouldn't use ground troops in Kosovo before any military action was taken, basically telling the other side to do nothing but prepare air defense.  Got any more jems besides sounding indignant and making up stuff about how hard you tried to get him.  You might be a Rhodes scholar but you couldn't lead a military through a Boy Scouts obstacle course.

bts

What's with the Boy Scout bashing?
2006-09-25 5:21 PM

Pro
Evanston,

This link has the transcript, and i believe full interview too.  Can't wait to watch it later!

http://www.blackinthecity.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1208&Itemid=58

2006-09-25 5:25 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-09-25 5:27 PM

I think it's a little (OK, a LOT) naive for Clinton to go on a fox news show, of all places, and not expect to get asked this question (and the agreement was 15 minutes for the global warming initiative, and then 15 minutes whatever Wallace wanted, at least accdg to Wallace), so Clinton is a little disingenuous when he calls it an ambush. 

Why shouldn't he be asked that question?  And what does whether Fox News asked Bush, Cheney et al have to do with his answers?  They should all be asked that question.

I don't think he ripped Wallace (who is hardly a shinign example of a right winger) a new one.  I think he came off looking a bit foolish.  Although the man could sell ice to eskimos, he is smooooth.  Bush would've stammered and ummmmed his way through those questions.

2006-09-25 5:27 PM
in reply to: #551231

Pro
Evanston,
coredump - 2006-09-25 4:01 PM

It's really funny how distorted history can be.  Here's some choice quotes regarding Clinton's 1998 air strikes which were targetting Al Qaeada:

Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-NV):
          Look at the movie Wag the Dog. I think this has all the elements of that movie,
          Rep. Jim Gibbons, R-Nev., said. Our reaction to the embassy bombings should be based   
          on sound credible evidence, not a knee-jerk reaction to try to direct public attention  
          away from his personal problems.

Pete Sessions (R-TX)
          Im very supportive of the strike that has happened, but I will tell you that the
          timing is very questionable. This was the day that Monica Lewinsky has gone back to the
          grand jury, evidently enraged. Certainly that information will be overshadowed.

John Ashcroft (R-MO):
          We support the president out of a sense of duty whenever he deploys military
          forces, but were not sure - were these forces sent at this time because he needed to
          divert our attention from his personal problems?

So back then, Clinton was just doing it to distract from Monica?  Now, it's more convenient politically to assert that he didn't do enough.

Wow, pretty intense.   So, going after Al-Qaeda back then was "wagging the dog," just a diversion from the Monica-gate circus that we were being fed around the clock?  Huh.  Interesting.  Thanks Chris.

2006-09-25 5:51 PM
in reply to: #551333

Master
run4yrlif - 2006-09-25 3:20 PM

And it's laughable to say that the Bush folks have been getting softballs from the Media

To lighten things up a bit....

Softballs huh..... anyone want to take a shot batting against my 14 YO daughter?

2006-09-25 5:57 PM

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Brett - 2006-09-25 5:06 PM

•   Got any more jems besides sounding indignant and making up stuff about how hard you tried to get him.  You might be a Rhodes scholar but you couldn't lead a military through a Boy Scouts obstacle course.

bts

• Now, you refer to Clinton "sitting on his hands" regarding OBL. So, what do you call Bush not having a single meeting with Richard Clarke about OBL???? Richard Clarke has gone on record by saying that he insisted to the administration that he should make OBL a top-priority. Hmm, what was Bush doing during those 8months? One of which he spent clearing brush at his ranch.

I will never get the picture out of my head of Bush sitting in that classroom reading the book, "My Pet Goat" while America was in its most deepest sense of need. Do you want a "literal" picture of a man sitting on his hands? Watch the video of him reading that book.

Face the facts, Clinton was one of the best and most-popular presidents of the century and look what we have with our current president?/ I have heard from countless intellectuals that he (Bush) is one of the worst presidents of ALL TIME!!!
    2006-09-25 6:18 PM

What do Bush's failures have to do with anything Clinton did or did not do?
    2006-09-25 7:29 PM

Pro
    Evanston,
    2006-09-25 7:48 PM
    in reply to: #551401

Elite
    In my bunk with new shoes and purple sweats.
    ChrisM - 2006-09-25 7:18 PM What do Bush's failures have to do with anything Clinton did or did not do?
    A heck of a lot Chris since from day one of Faux news their genre has been to blame Clinton/Dems for everything and therefore deflect any responsibility from the failures of the Bush/ right/Neocons. It's sort of nice to see them get their comeuppance for once.
    btw I will admit that the FNC is not permitted viewing in my home. No freedom of the press here. My house, my rules. 

2006-09-25 7:48 PM
    in reply to: #551382

Elite

nuorder - 2006-09-25 4:57 PM Brett - 2006-09-25 5:06 PM . Now, you refer to Clinton "sitting on his hands" regarding OBL. So, what do you call Bush not having a single meeting with Richard Clarke about OBL???? Richard Clarke has gone on record by saying that he insisted to the administration that he should make OBL a top-priority. Hmm, what was Bush doing during those 8months?

I don't really follow that as an argument defending Clinton.  He's accused of not doing enough when his administration was in office for Khobar Towers, Embassy Bombings, USS Cole, etc.  He's being asked to account for what he did over YEARS for attacks that happened while HE was in charge. 

The defense: uh, well the new administration had 8 whole months.  Well gee, sorry the new pres. couldn't do is 8 months what you didn't manage to do in the half a decade or so that you had.  Especially when the first few months is generally taken for granted as a transition period.

I will never get the picture out of my head of Bush sitting in that classroom reading the book, "My Pet Goat" while America was in its most deepest sense of need. Do you want a "literal" picture of a man sitting on his hands? Watch the video of him reading that book.

Citing one of Mike Moore's favorite gripes, eh?  What should he have done?  Said, "Holy crap kids, we're at war, gotta go."  I have no doubt that those who don't like him would find fault with any and every reaction he had, no matter how passive or aggressive.  What makes me shudder is to think what Gore would've done.

Face the facts, Clinton was one of the best and most-popular presidents of the century and look what we have with our current president?

Obviously with that whole impeachment thing.  Face the facts, the guy is a self-serving ***** who was a philanderer and a con artist (It depends on what your definition of "is" is)... 

I have heard from countless intellectuals that he (Bush) is one of the worst presidents of ALL TIME!!!

Okay.

bts 

2006-09-25 7:51 PM
    in reply to: #551333

Elite
    run4yrlif - 2006-09-25 4:20 PM

Re. softballs: he was talking specifically about Fox News.

That's cool, I looked afterwards and realized that to be the case.  I reckon between everybody in the media accusing everyone else of being slanted one way or another that it all evens out in the end.

@drew, my bad, no offense to the Boy Scouts.  I'm probably just harboring some deep resentment because I never made it past Weblos.

bts 

2006-09-25 7:59 PM

Elite
    In my bunk with new shoes and purple sweats.
    Gee, reading the posts from those who take their cue from talk radio and Faux does somehow make me want to take my cue from Hugo Chavez. But I'll fight the urge.
    2006-09-25 7:59 PM

Elite Veteran
    Just more of the finger in my face..."I did not have sex with that woman...." Regardless, buy knee length socks, fatso, and quit jabbing the interviewer's knee. The man is deluded.

So much for visiting Spain as an ex-prez with your dietician (SO worked at the Embassy).

Remember when COJ was fun? Yeah, me neither. It has been so long.
    New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Clinton rips... Rss Feed  

of 5