General Discussion Race Reports! » Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Midlothian, Virginia
United States
Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon
coldF / 0C
Total Time = 1h 46m 27s
Overall Rank = 200/261
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 41/51
Pre-race routine:

We got there a little after 6 am and boy was it cold out! I had warm-ups on and had to remove a limb at a time to get marked, because I was unwilling to feel my whole body be cold at once! I got my transition area set up with relative ease, even though it was pitch black out.(Note to self: next time bring a flashlight.) Then we went inside and played the waiting game.
Event warmup:

Started getting stretched out around 8:45 am and had a goo then as well.
Swim
  • 11m 31s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 53s / 100 meters
Comments:

Normally I take 300-400 yards to get in a groove, so was a bit concerned about how short the race was. The first 50 meters were a little tough, but then I felt good, although I ended up unilateral breathing, which I haven't done in months, not sure why, but it worked. Had a few people pass me. It didn't bother me in the least, but it would have been fun to pass someone else.
What would you do differently?:

A little disappointed with my speed, but I felt good on the swim and felt good coming out of the water, although I almost fell back in the pool getting out!
Transition 1
  • 03m 54s
Comments:

I'm pleased with this transition. I ran out of the pool , grabbed my towell and dried while running. Getting my warm-ups and socks on a moist body was tough, but felt I was as fast as I could be considering

maybe, be dryer? and try not wearing socks
Bike
  • 55m 21s
  • 13 miles
  • 14.09 mile/hr
Comments:

This was a tough one for me. The course started out downhill and at one point I was going 29mph, wheee that was fun. While I was headed downhill I thought alot about my strategy going up the long hill. I decided to really keep in low gears and focus on one task at a time. My main goal was to get up the hill without having to get off the bike. So, I sighted my way up. First I would focus on getting to a particular mailbox, then to a a car, then to a For Sale sign. I really worked my butt off on this ride and was so proud of myself for making it and for being in the right mindset.

Have a road bike next time. Train on alot more hills!!!
Transition 2
  • 01m 15s
Comments:

Felt like this was a good transition. Just took off my helmet and gloves and headed out.

Practice putting the bike on the rack, to smooth that out a bit.
Run
  • 34m 28s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

My legs were very tired by this time, but I didn't get the rubber feeling. I focused on keeping a steady pace, breathing, keeping my body relaxed and not slowing down. At the end my foot really started to burn and my stomach was churning, wondered if I was gonna loose my goo! I pushed it out though and there at he finish I came in strong. I really had pushed myself harder than I ever had before and I felt so proud of myself. (Then I came home and read a Double Ironman report and felt rather insignificant!!!)

Nothing
Post race
Event comments:

The volunteers were super and I was especially impressed to see all the youngsters out volunteering. Super job everyone and thank you!

Last updated: 2006-09-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:31 | 400 meters | 02m 53s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/51
Overall: 0/261
Performance: Good
Suit: two piece
Course: 50 meter pool, snake
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:54
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:55:21 | 13 miles | 14.09 mile/hr
Age Group: 47/51
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:15
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:34:28 | 03.11 miles | 11m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/51
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-10-16 9:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon

2006-10-17 8:09 AM
in reply to: #570476

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Subject: RE: Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon
I am really proud of how hard you worked on this race!!!  We are getting to be strong chicks!!  Thanks so much again for inspiring me to be my best.  YOU ROCK, TRIATHLETE!
2006-10-17 11:56 AM
in reply to: #570476

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon

Great job on the race!!  It was a tough race with the conditions on Sunday, especially the cold! 

Not sure how you were putting your socks on, but one tip I've gotten from other triathletes is to put then on when you are setting up transition, then fold the top half over your toes.  It makes it way easier to get them on quickly during T1.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed