General Discussion Triathlon Talk » groin pull Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-23 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: groin pull
I have a slight groin pull from moving my parents last week. It only really bothers me while sleeping and morning until walk araound some. It hasn't bothered me at all on run or bike rides. Question is, do I keep my schedule (I have speedwork tonight) as long as it doesn't bother me while training or just do easy work until completely healed.

2003-12-23 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2809

Extreme Veteran
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: RE: groin pull
Stretch, stretch and then stretch some more. I have rarely pulled anything and I feel it is because I stretch minimum twice a day for about 15 min's each. When I do feel I have a slight pull I take it easy until I don't feel it anymore. Sounds like yours is a slight strain and once you are warmed up it doesn't bother you. I would probably still take it easy until you wake up and aren't thinking about it. One thing I have found is that if you have a slight sprain, pull or whatever, when you are training you are more apt to think about it. This takes some focus away from training. Also I kind of follow the ever present announcer jinx; Joe Smith hasn't missed a free throw all year as he steps to the foul line only to miss. If you are thinking about it then don't push it. My two cents anyway.
2003-12-23 11:35 AM

Memphis, TN
If it isn't giving you much of a problem, then I think it is totally reasonable to continue to train but EASY only. I would forget the speed workout. Doing speed workouts with a muscle injury, even if it is a minor injury, will probably make it worse, and then you'll be forced to sit the bench. Alternatively, there is no shame in skipping 2-3 days of training to let it heal, but don't try to make up the 3 days by doing a hard workout. Go easy for the 1st workout to make sure it is better.

Toaje
2003-12-23 12:34 PM
in reply to: #2813

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Thanks guys. It is actually still bothering me throughout day today, so will take today off or very light ride (still trying to get my butt used to seat. I will add some stretching and hot tub time :-)
2004-01-08 7:38 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: groin pull again
Well, my groin strain is back. It's actually been back since Monday night. I did a little Tuesday and Wed was worse. Took off all day Wed. I am thinking about stopping all training until Monday to let it heal completely again. I took 5 days off over the holidays and thought it was completely recovered. Very disappointing. Especially since what I thought was going to be my first sprint in June has been changed to mid April with the olympic in June. They changed the races here so I have to train for longer distances than originally planned on.
2004-01-08 7:38 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: groin pull again
Well, my groin strain is back. It's actually been back since Monday night. I did a little Tuesday and Wed was worse. Took off all day Wed. I am thinking about stopping all training until Monday to let it heal completely again. I took 5 days off over the holidays and thought it was completely recovered. Very disappointing. Especially since what I thought was going to be my first sprint in June has been changed to mid April with the olympic in June. They changed the races here so I have to train for longer distances than originally planned on.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » groin pull Rss Feed