Braselton, Georgia
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 34m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Drove up with my brother to Chateau Elan. We missed the exit and had to turn around. We were already running late and I had yet to register so I was anxious. Set up transition area quickly and ran into couple of friends. Practically joined the waiting pack a few seconds before start.
Event warmup:

Setting up transition and running to and fro porta potty.
Run
  • 19m
  • 2.4 miles
  • 07m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

I was elated to find out that the first run was a little under 8:00! I was exactly at 19:00 when I entered the transition area. But it went downhill from here...
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Don't know exactly how long but I took my time here b/c I noticed that my rear brake was rubbing and I had to fix it.

Good bike maintenance is key.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 13 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

It was a frustrating ride. When I got ready to mount the bike, I noticed that my chain was off the rings. I had to dismount and fix it. It didn't ake too long to do that but it was still annoying. Then I had to get off a couple of times to fix my rear brake. The rest of the ride was hilly and okay. After a while, my feet were getting toasty b/c I had double layers.

Bike maintenance.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Peeled off my windbreaker and a layer of socks. I wrote in my last year's RR to make sure to dress better for the cold weather b/c I nearly froze to death. This year is the opposite!
Run
  • 00m
  • 2.4 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Didn't really push it as hard as the first run segment. I guess I just mentally gave up.

Do my best.
Post race
Warm down:

Sat with my former TNT friends and also waited around for my brother to finish and take pics. It was his first duathlon and he did great! He really hasn't been running/biking so he was pretty nervous.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Was disappointed that I didn't beat my time from last year but it was a last minute decision to do this race (night before) and I was not mentally ready. Also... I haven't been riding much. Oh well... it was fun though.

Last updated: 2006-10-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:00 | 02.4 miles | 07m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Hilly through the golf course. I hate running up hills!
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall: Bad
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:00:00 | 13 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Hilly, yet once again. We live in GA. Every year, I think this supposedly scenic route becomes less scenic b/c of all the new houses/subdivisions. Too bad.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 02.4 miles |  min/mile
Performance:
Course: H
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-10-30 9:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Norcross, GA
Subject: Chateau Elan Duathlon

2006-10-31 6:35 AM
in reply to: #583761

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
Subject: RE: Chateau Elan Duathlon

Wait a minute, "former TNT friends" ... nah!

Great to see you at the race, glad that you decided to do it at the last minute.  The bike segment was tougher/hillier than I thought it would be ... and there were some pretty long climbs - long enough that a brake rubbing would be a huge hinderance!

Don't worry about the time this year vs. last; you finally got your brother into the sport which will mean good times to come.

2006-10-31 10:26 AM
in reply to: #583761

User image

Expert
Marietta, GA
Subject: RE: Chateau Elan Duathlon

Great job!! Don't you think it's cool that you can decide to race at the last minute and still be able to finish happily?! A last minute race isn't really the time to compare your performance from last year (when you trained for it). Plus it sounds like you had enough bike issues to hinder you even with training!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chateau Elan Duathlon Rss Feed