General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suunto training and HRM watches Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-07 10:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bend, OR
Subject: Suunto training and HRM watches
I'm looking for a new heart rate monitor because the Timex I have I do not like.  I've heard a little about Suunto training and HRM watches and was wondering if anyone has any feedback or experience using them?  Thanks!

2006-11-07 10:41 PM
in reply to: #592383

User image

Expert
Charleston, SC
Subject: RE: Suunto training and HRM watches
I have a suunto dive computer, and it works swimmingly!  It is easy to use too.  I gotta figure their HRMs would be of the same quality.
2006-11-08 8:01 AM
in reply to: #592383

User image

, Texas
Subject: RE: Suunto training and HRM watches

If you've got some time, wade through the posts in the WristTop Trainers  Yahoo group. It is heavily Suunto dominated and just about all of the early messages are about the T6.

I had a T6 and IMHO was a step down from a basic Polar feature-wise (only 1 HR zone,display not as customizable). The quality/feel/durability was very nice. I bought it for the "body parameters" estimation, but found I wasn't getting anything from it, so I sold it. Also, it will not work for swimming due to the HR tranmission used.

Now, they have come out with the less expensive T3,T4, etc and these may be much better feature-wise. I do like that they offer a slew of "pods" to use with the watches.The T6 was Suunto's first stab at a sport HRM, so maybe they've improved.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suunto training and HRM watches Rss Feed