City of Calabasas/The Talbert Family Foundation
68F / 20C
Overcast
Total Time = 49m 52s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up late, drive like a demon to Calabassas, had some toast and a banana on the way. My wife decided a few days ago that she didn't want to do it because she "hadn't trained enough". Then she really wanted to go this morning when I told her the dogs could come too but by then I didn't have time to wait for her.
Event warmup:

Jogged around, stretch my calf
Run
  • 49m 52s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 16m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

My calf was a little tight right before the start so I spent almost 20 minutes stretching it out in hopes that it would feel better. I felt really good starting out and was going at a decent pace. Whatever I did last night really screwed me though because at about the 1/2 mile mark all of a sudden my Left calf seizes up and I can't run. I stretched t out some more and jogged (really just a pathetic shuffle) to the mile marker. From the point on there really wasn't any way I was going to be able to finish this by running. There was no way I was going to quit so I just walked the rest of it as fast as I could. Each step hurt a little but not as bad as when I tried to run. This was very disappointing because I felt really good on the treadmill the last two days and I was going to do the LT test during this race. Even with the injury, the course was the same as last year but it felt much easier and went by quicker (even though I was on it longer). Really make me wonder what I could have done if I could have run it.
What would you do differently?:

Not hurt myself the night before a race, get up earlier.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the little fair, grabbed some samples

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Injury to L calf

Event comments:

It's a nice little local race that seems to get bigger each time I go. Not sure howmany people there were this time but definately quite a bit more than last year. Lots of dogs and moms pushing strollers. TNT made a huge showing. Very nice atmosphere, lots of happy people, got passed by most of them!

Last updated: 2006-07-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:52 | 03.11 miles | 16m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Avg HR 123
Course: Nice course right around the main area of the city, some hills but not too bad.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 1
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes