General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMAZ '07 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-11-17 2:37 PM

Saugus
Subject: IMAZ '07
how's everyone doing with their IM training? i've had a bad case of the lazys these last couple of weeks & felt a bit burned out. I did a HIM end of Oct. took a week off, then ran a 1/2 Mary, last weekend I rode a Metric Century up in Solvang, but really not much else - a couple short runs & rides here and there just to make sure everything still works. Even so, I'm very excited about doing my first IM. For me, my training for AZ officially starts Nov. 27th, and then it's time to get serious again! The winter training will be challenging, so how will you stay motivated? Hopefully we can help each other out right here when we need it.

2006-11-17 3:10 PM
in reply to: #602501

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: IMAZ '07
I'm ramping up my training to start the BT 20-week program that starts on the 27th. IMAZ will be my first IM as well.

I did a 55-mile ride and 7-mile run last weekend. I'm most concerned about my run because I had to back out of an upcoming marathon due to ITBS problems (I'm doing it as a relay instead). But after taking some time off and balancing out the running with biking, swimming and weights, I hope to ramp up the run distance without injury.

It's a little easier for us West Coast folks to keep training through the winter. I will probably train some days in the weather even if its bad, but if I don't feel like braving it, I have a trainer and a gym membership. I actually don't mind running on the treadmill or cycling on the trainer that much. I'm thinking of setting up a TV in the garage for long trainer rides.

I've been riding with friends more recently (I used to do all my training alone) so that helps the motivation part somewhat. I have been doing a run once-a-week with the marathon relay group (all guys from work). I also joined a local tri club and hopefully there will be some people getting together for workouts throughout the "off" season.

The BT coaches are good at and willing to offer motivation in addition to advice. I posted the other day how I was feeling down and all 3 of them responded. It was great.

Mike
2006-11-20 12:33 PM

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
2007-01-18 6:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi there. Hope everyones training is going great!

I am just getting started, with plans for my first sprint this spring and HIM in June. I have volunteered for IMAZ, but don't know where they will use me. Hope to see you guys out there.

If any of you have done IMAZ before, what do you think of it? Should I think about targeting it for my '08 IM? It would be convenient since I am local and would have a ton of friends and family that could come and cheer me on. It seems like it would be a good course for friends and family since you pass by the same spots multiple times instead of a loop or out-and-back course.

Stephen
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMAZ '07 Rss Feed