General Discussion Race Reports! » Iroquois Hill Runner's - Thanksgiving Day Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Iroquois Hill Runner's - Thanksgiving Day Run - Run5 Mile

View Member's Race Log
Louisville, Kentucky
United States
Iroquois Hill Runners
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 35m 12s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate 3/4 of a Snickers Marathon Bar and drank 3/4 of a diet mt dew.
Event warmup:

Met my friend Tammy and did a mile warm-up then walked 1/4 mile to the start.
Run
  • 35m 12s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

Was initially planning on going out and doing 8:30's and taking it easy. The first mile, my Garmin said that I was doing 8:55 so Ikept pushing even though I felt like I was going hard. Got to the first split and it was 7:34... figured I might as well keep running to see what I had in me.

Going up the hill, I was running side-by-side with some 12 year old kid. I kept thinking, "Am I really getting that OLD that I can't even keep up with the little ones?" I saw some guy that I've seen at other tris and he kept pushing ahead of me. Gave me some motivation to not let him beat me.

Once I hit the 3 mile mark and we started the 1.5 mile treck downhill to the finish, I figured I'd push it a little. So I kept pushing and turns out I did a 6:14 the last mile. Whoa.. a bit faster than i had originally intended but was still good.

What would you do differently?:

Would probably have looked at my time on my watch to see where I was with time. If I'd seen that, I may have pushed a little harder to break 35 minutes.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate the last 1/4 of the marathon bar and drank the rest of my diet mt dew. Then hung out with friends and training partners I hadn't seen in a long time. Was good to see everyone.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hadn't done any real run training since the marathon over a month ago. With a lack of training a 5 miler in the time I did, I was pretty happy.

Event comments:

Happy Turkey Day! This was fun! :)

Last updated: 2006-11-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:35:12 | 05 miles | 07m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Ran from bottom loop to upper loop. 1st 1.5 miles is all uphill.. very tough.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-11-23 6:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
Subject: Iroquois Hill Runner's - Thanksgiving Day Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Iroquois Hill Runner's - Thanksgiving Day Run Rss Feed