Tennessee State Park Running Tour
62F / 17C
Sunny
Total Time = 53m 42s
Overall Rank = 29/93
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 5/10
Pre-race routine:

The race was 3 miles from my house. I ate early in the morning, lots of honey 1 hr before the race.
Event warmup:

I figured I'd be running awhile so I didn't warm up at all. I did rub some biofreeze on my legs and shoulders and stretched a little..
Run
  • 53m 42s
  • 6.84 miles
  • 07m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

I paced off of a lady for 2.5 miles until we came to a large downhill. I opened it up until I got to the bottom. I stayed ahead of her until mile 5 and then ran beside her. I dug down deep to stay with her until the end and then sprinted up to the finish line. I stopped just short of the line were I let her pass me. It was the least I could do for her pacing me the entire race. She finished 1st for the female masters.
What would you do differently?:

I've got to run hills more. I took sinus medication that morning and it really dried me out.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank 2 bottles of water and 1 bottle of gator-aide.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It had gotten pretty hot halfway through the race and I was really dried out from sinus medication. Oh...the freaking hills didn't help!!!

Event comments:

Most of the people running had driven between 1-3 hours to be here. Very informal with most everybody knowing each other. Very relaxed atmosphere. I would like to try some of the other State Park races in this tour.

Last updated: 2006-11-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:53:42 | 06.84 miles | 07m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/10
Overall: 29/93
Performance: Average
Course: The run started at the State Park pool. It proceeded out of the park to hwy 127. From hwy 127 we turned onto Old Mail Road. From Old Mail Road we turned onto Coon Hollow Road and back into the State Park to the pool. This is the hilliest course in this area and the 3rd hardest course in the 18 run tour.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-11-29 11:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Crossville, TN
Subject: Plateau Gobbler Gallop 11K

2006-11-30 3:03 PM
in reply to: #611193

User image

Pro
Evanston,
Subject: RE: Plateau Gobbler Gallop 11K
Good job!  Must be nice to have a race in your own backyard like that.  Congrats. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Plateau Gobbler Gallop 11K Rss Feed