Jefferson City Road Runners Club
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = 66/159
Age Group = 19-29
Age Group Rank = 8/11
Pre-race routine:

I took a short jog and stretch my legs out. I played with my daughter for a few minutes while my wife warmed up. I hung around my family for a while. We made this a family event for us. Me, my wife, her sister, her mother and her step father all competed today. My mother in law walked the 5k (with my daughter in the stroller). My wife, her sister, and I ran the 5k and my father in law ran the 10k.
Run
  • 25m 21s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile went pretty smooth. I didnt push too hard. I just tried to dodge traffic and find my pace. My first mile was approximately 7:30 (that is a guess because I forgot to start my watch until about a minute after is started. The 2nd mile went well but I swear that the 2nd mile is twice as long as the first (just kidding, it just seemed that way) At the mile and half mark there was a drink station. I seemed fine and I didnt take any, in retrospect I probably should have. By the end I was really parched. This is only my 2nd race ever and I think that overall it went well. I sprinted the last .1 miles and got a new PR by 1:40.
What would you do differently?:

I would have grabbed water probably and I think I could have pushed myself alittle harder on the second mile. I seem to go fast the first mile, slow down the second and speed up the 3rd. I would like to keep a steady pace or even speed up each mile. I have also been fighting a cold and I could have done better if not for that.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around. got water and stretched my legs.. my quads were a little tight after the race

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Having a cold

Event comments:

The race was ok. They didnt have a loudspeaker for annoucing anything and it was very difficult for me to hear. There was only 1 drink station on the course. I felt sorry for the 10kers cause they only saw 2 the entire time. (they did the 5k course twice)

Last updated: 2006-11-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:21 | 03.11 miles | 08m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 0/159
Performance: Average
Course: Starts at park pavillions and makes a loop using streets and part of the Katy trail. Some of it is gravel and crushed limestone
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No