General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Holiday Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Holiday Run - Run15k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Palmetto Bay, Florida
United States
PR Racing
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 06m 2s
Overall Rank = 19/222
Age Group = 35 - 39
Age Group Rank = 5/23
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5:30AM and felt a bit stiff and in a little discomfort from the rib injury. I packed my bag and waited for Bill to pick me up for the race. While I waited, I decided to run up and down the street in front of my house to see what type of pain I was going to have to endure. After about 10 minutes of run/walk/stretching, I was about to bag it and stay home. I could not even think about putting up with this crap for over and hour.
At 6:15AM Billy rolled up onto my driveway with Ivanka, Frank & Jalaine. Alfred was in his car following Bill. So at this moment I said what the heck, let's do this thing.
Event warmup:

We got there with 30 minutes to spare. We proceeded to pick up our chips, go to the bathroom, BS a little and walk over to the starting line. On the way, we met up with other members of Team Hammerheads. We lined up behind the start line and took off soon after.
Run
  • 1h 06m 2s
  • 9.4 miles
  • 07m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

Started off with Frank who was nursing a knee issue. We decided it would be a run of "let's just see what happens". I told him to take off if he was feeling good and not to worry about me. I did not want to hold him back if my side was going to hurt. We ended up running together at a 7 min/mile pace until mile 8. At this point, Frankie decided to pick it up and go all out. I on the other hand was already going all out. My side was still hurting but tolerable as long as I did not take deep breaths, blow my nose or take sharp turns. I could do this. Before I knew it, I was crossing the finish line.
What would you do differently?:

Heal faster.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed some water, met up with Frankie and walked back towards the course to cheer the rest of the gang coming in.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Injury.

Event comments:

Another great race put on by PR Racing. The distance is unique and the venue is beautiful.

Last updated: 2006-12-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:02 | 9.4 miles | 07m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/23
Overall: 19/222
Performance: Good
Course: One big loop around the Village of Palmetto Bay
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-12-10 11:02 AM

User image

New user

Miami, Florida
Subject: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Holiday Run

2006-12-10 4:46 PM
in reply to: #620351

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Holiday Run

Great job! Especially with pushing through a rib injury. I'm glad you didn't bag it and decided to go for it. Seems like you're happy with that decision as well.

Take care!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Holiday Run Rss Feed