Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-08-10 10:44 AM
in reply to: #45868

User image

Wellington, NZ
Subject: RE: Beginner Bike?
the bear - 2004-08-10 9:18 AM

I would disagree with that "consistant" portion of your statement, although long-term averages may equal/exceed 10%. Five-year average of the S&P:
-2.2% does indicate a "consistant rate of return (~10%)"

http://flagship3.vanguard.com/VGApp/hnw/FundsSnapshot?FundId=0040&F...

look at the 10 year numbers...~11.75%

the past couple of years have made most 3-5 year numbers look bad (but if you want something that short term, i'm sure there are some savings and loans with some nice bonds ;-) ) i was speaking of long term investments...i'm 26, so i've got time to let it grow :-)

Motivated - 2004-08-10 9:21 AM

Josh,

By the way, since we're already off topic, what the heck is "Polyamory"

whizzer answered it quite well...see lovemore.com has a good definition and lots of information (they are also far more eloquent that i am, so i cheat and use their answers )

/joshua
(edited to reply to multiple posts)

Edited by ntranc3d 2004-08-10 10:48 AM

2004-08-11 8:43 AM
in reply to: #45444

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I did what you said and looked around at a bunch of places and talked to tons of people. (i learned way more about bikes in the last couple weeks than i have ever known before!!) I finally bought my bike last night... I got the Iron Horse Triumph, for only $300 Maybe after school I will upgrade. But, anyway thanks for all the advice, and I will put up a pic soon!

-Meghan
2004-08-11 11:32 AM
in reply to: #45444

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey, congratulations on getting the bike. I did not even know that Iron Horse made a road bike, but, the Triumph seems to be a fairly well equipped. I noticed that the rear triangle is nice and tight (the wheel is fairly close to the downtube), which is good for aerodynamics. It will be a very good bike if this is your first and the price is excellent. All you need now is to hang aero bars on it and set that playing card with a clothes pin a'flapping on your spokes and you will be whizzing along on your trusty steed with style and panache.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Bike? Rss Feed  

of 2