Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 7/24
Swim
  • 09m 56s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 29s / 100 meters
Comments:

I HAD A GOOD SWIM!!! Can you believe I am saying that???? Well, it was good for me! I decided to really push myself, and not be such a wimp. Take 2 breaths at the wall and push off. NO hanging on the wall, and NO getting all worked up in my head about it all. JUST DO IT! So I did! It helped that the pool was 4ft deep all the way (no super deep end to freak out over!) I actually passed 3 people!!! I felt good and had nothing to beat myself up over when I was done. That was something new!!! Swim time includes the run out of the pool and down a slipery grass hill to the T1 timing mat.
What would you do differently?:

Well, I can always be faster...but that will come with time.
Transition 1
  • 01m 28s
Comments:

T1 went well EXCEPT....I took off running with my bike and jumped on (a good jumping mount if I do say so myself) HOWEVER....I mounted before I was supposed to. I was probably 10 feet away from the line. This chick come running out with her hands wailing screaming at me that I cannot mount my bike until the line! I was like Sorry!!!! I totally wasn't even thinking about where the line was and that I had to wait. The funning thing was Sterling (JSTTRI) was right there cheering me on. He must have thought "Stupid woman!!" Oh well...I will try to remember next time! :-) (See pic below for the action photo of all this)
What would you do differently?:

Um....wait to mount my bike at the right spot!
Bike
  • 46m 33s
  • 14 miles
  • 18.05 mile/hr
Comments:

The men's race was at 9 and they had nice, calm weather. We started at 11:30...right when the wind started to pick up. The little flags hanging over the pool were flying sideways!!! Nice. So this caused a nice headwind on most of the course. It sucked. This was the hardest bike I have done yet.
Transition 2
  • 01m 7s
Run
  • 31m 42s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

OMG!!! After the winds on the bike, I was toast. THEN the run was like 80% up hill. Right away it was up hill, and seemed like forever before you had any down hill. It just seemed that there was way more up than down. I felt like crap, and actually stopped to stretch my calves early on. It wasn't until the last mile that I felt good. Coming down the last stretch to the finish line I came up on these two girls. I was starting to take them, and one would not let me. I could tell she wanted to have a run down. So we just kept going neck and neck and finally, about 50 ft from the finish I took off. She took off too and I REALLY had to kick in the afterburners to beat her. BEEYOTCH! haha! Made for a fun finish as the crowd ate it up. I gave her a high 5 afterwards, so no hard feelings. (But I still beat her!) Haha!
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think the 2 weeks in a row of traveling did not help me. All I have been doing is eating. Blah.... Time to get back on the training pony and make it though the holidays without obtaining too much extra junk in my trunk!

Event comments:

The only BAD thing about this race is that this is how they get you organized for the swim. They yell out "Fast people start first, slow people in the back. Form a line and let's go." I'm like WTF????? So there I was towards the back. It started to all go down hill fast as bad swimmers were getting in the water too soon causing congestion and a total mess. The fact that I passed 3 people had more to do with them being bad than me being good. Other than this debacle, it was a good race. 7th in my AG out of 24. I'll take it!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-11-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:56 | 400 meters | 02m 29s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/24
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: 25M pool. Down a lane and back, then under the rope to the next lane.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:28
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:46:33 | 14 miles | 18.05 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course: 2 laps of a slightly hilly 7 mile course.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:07
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:31:42 | 03.1 miles | 10m 14s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: HILLS and MORE HILLS
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-12-10 5:36 PM

Pro
AZ
Subject: Anthem Holiday Classic

2006-12-10 5:41 PM
in reply to: #620465

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine WI
Subject: RE: Anthem Holiday Classic
Overall looks like a good race, especially considering the schedule you've had the last couple of weeks. Swim looked good, solid bike and a good run in windy conditions. And to top it off, you placed pretty good in your division. Congrats!
2006-12-10 5:48 PM

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Awesome job! I was thinking of everyone doing that race yesterday as I had planned on doing it but family stuff had to come first this weekend. I was noticing that it got kind of breezy. You still did great on the bike despite the wind and way to pick someone off at the finish! Enjoy the holidays!
2006-12-10 10:55 PM

User image

Mesa
Good job. Nice to see you being positive about the swim!

I saw the pics first and said to myself... she mounted that bike early and then I read about it. Cheater cheater cheater... JUST KIDDING.

I hope you get to train more for the next one, you'll do even better!

Edited by chile7473 2006-12-10 10:56 PM
2006-12-11 12:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
hey, I'm in your bike picture!  just over your right shoulder the doofy looking guy with the white t-shirt on!  lol  Nice job on the race!
2006-12-11 8:04 AM

User image

Expert

Woooo hoooo!! Way to take over on the swim!  Despite a tough course and a bunch of travelling the past couple weeks, you still placed 7th in your AG?!  You should be proud of that race

Great pics too - do you take a professional photographer to your races?

2006-12-11 8:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth

Overall a great job, especially with the little amount of training you have had in the past two weeks. Keep up the great work tAnya.

2006-12-11 9:43 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Anthem Holiday Classic Rss Feed