Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things I learned from sending other people's UPS goods <Rant> Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-15 8:28 PM

User image

Supersonicus Idioticus
Thunder Bay, ON
Subject: Things I learned from sending other people's UPS goods <Rant>
I send a fair amount of stuff at work that people dump on me. So in light of the other UPS thread, here are my thoughts:

1. People are so unhappy with what they have that they want things sent before the Fed Ex guy comes to pick things up. It's odd because it's not the items that are making them unhappy; they always ask for the goods to be returned.

2. People don't know what they want shipped, they just want it shipped. This is so fundamental that sometimes they drop things off on my desk and say 'do this.' Do what?

3. Due to observations 1 and 2, people will send wrong items and react in a way which further confirms the behaviours of observations 1 and 2.

4. The success of people's work is directly related to the act of shipping the goods, even the work done before beginning the shipment process.

On this note, has anyone ever seen the commercial where some blue collared guy gives another guy in a shirt & tie a fed ex box. That guy says "excuse me, I have my masters." So the blue collared guy says "Ohh!!! I get it" and proceeds to show him how to ship the goods.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things I learned from sending other people's UPS goods <Rant> Rss Feed