General Discussion Race Reports! » Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log
Cincinnati, Ohio
United States
43F / 6C
Sunny
Total Time = 26m 28s
Overall Rank = 364/1276
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

got to the race with Big Don, my wife, and Shannon who is Donnies wife. Walked arounda bit in the runnners expo(which was very small) so we could stay warm and then out to start line. Some stretching in there some.
Run
  • 26m 32s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

Started a little slower than I had to so I had to fight the crowd as I tried to speed up. People are oblivious out on the course so that made it a bot harders. Lost some focus in the middle and it took a girl running by me and giving me the "you suck" look to get my focus back. I tailed her for about a half mile and strided the last quarter mile into the finish. I made sure I passed right next to her when I went by. No look but I know she saw me.
What would you do differently?:

Start a bit faster to get through the mass of people. Wear mp3 player. Get fursther up in the start since the clock started when the gun went off. It took me a bit to get to the start line because we were in the back.
Post race
Warm down:

Since this was my b-day I told my wife I wanted her to run the race with me as a b-day present. I knew we would nto run together but still wanted us to do it together. She trained for 4 weeks and signed up. SO after I finished I went out onto the course looking for her. I looked at my watch trying to gauge when she would be crossing. I figured I had 5 minutes before she would be coming in since her goal was 39 minutes. Next thing you know I see this person waiving at me and I look at my watch. 31 minutes and change so I got all excited for her and start telling her to finish strong because she was WAYYYYYYYY ahead of her goal. I sounded like a little school girl but she ended with 10.5min/mile avg which blew away her goal. She must have been sand bagging me. I was so proud of her since she had never played a sport in her life. She has been running 3 days a week ever since. She rocks!!! THen we went into the expo and chomped some Panera bagels and hung out. Finished Chirstmas shopping for the kids after at Borders then went home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much I dont think.

Last updated: 2006-12-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:32 | 03.1 miles | 08m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1276
Performance: Good
Course: Pretty flat with two hills. Both hills were going up the bridge across the Oho river in one direction, and back across the bridge in the otehr direction.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-12-18 5:46 PM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio
Subject: Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run

2007-01-01 6:50 AM
in reply to: #627328

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run

Nice job on your run!  Congratulations to your wife too!  That was a nice birthday present.

Hope your wife is doing better.

Thanks for sharing your race.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run Rss Feed