BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Prof40's Group -- Technically full but ... Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 72

2008-01-07 5:10 PM
in reply to: #640246

Veteran
Subject: RE: Prof40's Group -- Technically full but ...
Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!

Pene - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going to walk/Jog in Arizona? I will be there!! I have been traveling a lot. I went to see my mom, My sister came for Christmas and I played tourist in my own city, It was so much fun.
Then the last week in december my roomate told me she is moving.

So within a week I moved all my stuff on my own without help because it is the holidays and people had plans. My Dad was a real trooper he helped me move my bed down 3 flights of stairs and a night stand that is all wood, and my recliner chair- did you know that it comes apart in 2 pices? When I moved in 2 years ago I moved it as one big piece. I moved North to the south west side of Chicago.
In two years my neighbors said hi 5 times. Where I am now I have allready meet 8 neighbors and one lady even brought homemade cookies over. I have talked to her 3 times in a week. WOW what a difference for the better. I am paying the same price and I have double the space. YEA! YEA! YEA! Now All I need to do is find a job.

I have been walking, doing the stairmaster while moving, not the one at the gym. Jogging.
Shoveling snow, and some swimming. My January is busy but not as hectic as December, but it was a very good hectic.

I have been looking at new technology for running. On the sci-fi enewsletter there is a new insole that has micro springs. The adult version of moon shoes of the 1970's.
It dosn't say where you can purchase them but the price will be around 30 U.S. dollars.

THe newtons are becoming more mainstream and I saw an advertisement in triathlete magazine. Who knew???? in hindsight we should've bought stocks. LOL LOL

With 2008 here it is time to train!!!!! RENEW THAT ENERGY!!!! A NEW BEGNING!!!!!!!

I hope to hear from you soon!
SINCERELY YOUR FRIEND,
Jeanette.

2008-01-09 12:29 PM

User image

Expert
Hi Jeanette! Congrats on the new apartment! Unfortunately, I won't be doing the Arizona marathon deal. Being pregnant is a lot like a marathon in itself! You suffer each day with the queasies, which for me are worse in the afternoon and evening when I am tired. I don't get the vomiting, just the blah stomach thing. And you get tired! Deep tired. It gets better the second trimester, but that isn't for a few weeks yet. You have to run to the bathroom every hour at least or it seems so. And my back hurts in the morning. So, I am taking it easy with training.

I did, however, swim 2800 yards or 56 laps last Thursday and it felt great! Took me 66 minutes. Seeing as how I have been swimming properly for less than a year now, I was happy with that!

I also got a recumbant stationary bike so I can still sort of bike even with a belly. It is super quiet so I moved out a chair in my living room and put it in so I can watch movies and pedal.

Happy new year to all!!
2008-01-10 4:03 PM

Veteran
You will be there in spirit cheering me on!!!!!

Wow, its good that you have been through this before and know what to expect.

I am Soo excited for you.

I leave tommorow morning for pheonix arizona! I am getting nervous but I am really happy that my sister will be there. We are going to jog/walk this together so I am very happy.

The 13th will be my lucky day....... as it is not a friday!!!

I will be thinking of you and everyone else here too.
2008-01-20 3:32 PM

Veteran
HI Everyone!!!!

I completed the 1/2 marathon in Arizona, with a rockband every mile it was so much fun!!!
My sister and I ran/walked together. I was 3 and a half minutes slower than my last 1/2 marathon in 2006, but we both had to go to the ladies room on 2 different times so we were actually faster than last time. We didnt stop even once last time. Lesson learned dont drink the coffee they provide you in the morning unless your swimming first and don't have a wet suit on.
Heck we were running only. LOL

I hope everyone is back on a training program!!! HAVE A GOOD DAY BEING ACTIVE!!!!!
2008-01-21 8:07 AM

User image

Expert
Congratulations Jeanette!!! Sounds like you had fun and that is the most important thing! The company is everything, so it is really wonderful that you could do it with your sister. And I spose you didn't even need your iPod, eh? Great job! How did your body feel after?
2008-01-21 5:54 PM

Veteran
WOW did you know Ipods were allowed and I left mine at home
I wonder why they are allowed for the marathons but not the running section of tri's. We need to change that.

I like the tri's better because you are altering your different muscles and it's more interesting with the different activities.
My feet have 9 different blisters 3 are open. OUCH!!!!! On the plane ride home there was a lady who said the have a roll on anti blister and anti chafe. After my blisters heal I am going to try it and see how it works. Oh well live and learn!

Now Mentally I think I can do and finish the olympic distance this year at the Accenture tri. I am training for that but right now I am on a recovery schedule.

It was the Chicago weather that was making me achy, when I went to Arizona 2 days latter I was much better. Now that I am back in the really cold weather again I am achy again. I am REALLY looking forward to spring and the end of cold weather winter. At least I know its the weather and things will get better.

How are you feeling? Are you going thru baby names? Are you going to find out before hand or are you going to be supprised? Stay warm in this chilly snowy weather!!!!! For those of us in that climate!!!! Everyone else is spoiled with warmer weather!!!
Have a nice Day!!!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Prof40's Group -- Technically full but ... Rss Feed  

of 72