Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-02-27 12:25 PM
in reply to: #640984

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Subject: RE: Los Angeles Marathon
Packet pick up is in three days ! Nervous ?

Did not run well over the weekend but today with the cool wind it felt really good .

Couple more two milers and The RACE will be here. ......

2007-02-27 12:33 PM

User image

Wow.   Next weekend, how exciting!!!!!!!   GOOD LUCK you guys and to everyone else doing this!!
2007-02-27 1:30 PM

User image

Expert
Central New York
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It was a good training cycle on the whole. Accomplished some things I never thought possible. Unfortunately, I'm winding down with a bit of a bum knee, which has me feeling skittish. Weird thing actually. No real pain while I'm running, but it gets angry and irritated a day or two afterwards. Seems like ITBS based on location, but I don't really know what to make of it. Ice, advil, and stretching haven't made a huge impact, but then, who knows how bad it might have been if left untreated?

So, with just a few days remaining and my last easy run coming up tomorrow, I'm both excited and apprehensive. In 1996, I basically decided that a marathon would never be in the cards for me. Too much pounding for someone with a sprinter's physiology, I figured. Ten years later and two years into my endurance/triathlon hobby, I've gotten myself to the start line with a fair shot at finishing. We'll see how it all pans out.

Can't help but dream, too. In October, I finsihed my first century ride. My OWS comfort level has been building, too, to the point that I really enjoyed myself at the LA Tri in September (in spite of big surf). If I can finish this run without injury, I'll have done all the pieces of an Ironman separately. Could I put the three together? Can't help but wonder.

Best of luck to all! I know it will be crowded, but if you see a tall, bald guy, with a fanny pack and tattooed legs out on the course, be sure to give a wave.

Edited by Xan 2007-02-27 1:33 PM
2007-02-27 2:43 PM

User image

Expert
I'm coming in from San Diego to pick up my packet. I want to get there right when it opens so I can be back down in SD by early afternoon, should I be worried about lots of traffic? It takes a little under 2 hours to get there any suggestions so I don't have to wait in traffice?
2007-02-27 2:56 PM
in reply to: #705273

User image

Expert
Central New York
iwantotri - 2007-02-27 12:43 PM
any suggestions so I don't have to wait in traffice?

Amtrak to Union Station. Metro over to convention center. Reverse.

It'll cost you a few bucks, but not much more than gas and parking. The commute time magically becomes your time. Good for the environment.
2007-02-28 1:09 PM
in reply to: #705063

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
ChrisM - 2007-02-27 10:33 AM

Wow. Next weekend, how exciting!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK you guys and to everyone else doing this!!

Thanks for the encouragement . Your big A race is just about a month away. I am looking forward to LAM AND dreading it at the same time.
I mixed a marathon plan and crosstrained instead of doing some of the recovery runs. I would feel a lot more confident if I had completed a 20+ mile run. But With all the support (water , gatarode ,stunt runners, crowds , bands , scenery) on the course I am sure I will be Fine.

(bat.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bat.jpg (16KB - 24 downloads)

2007-02-28 1:19 PM

User image

Santa Monica, CA
Haha that's a great photo! I'm so excited for Sunday I can barely stand it. This will be my first marathon. We'll probably all see each other there and not even know it
2007-03-02 6:17 PM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Wow! I Just picked up my number 17755 and chip at LA Marathon expo , I must be crazy . I am easily the biggest person in the pre reg lines. Did I pull the trigger for this too soon? I will write in my name on the bib "PAUL"
Well it feels like an A race and the high anticipation is similar to my first Triathlon. I am Not sleeping well this week . To help a little calm the nerves I am doing short and easy workouts all this week.

Say Hello if you see me. I will be wearing glasses, a red sleeveless top and I am 6" 4 ( clydesdale ) so hard to miss

Have fun on Sunday and enjoy the day.

2007-03-02 8:14 PM

User image

Expert
Central New York
Just back from the expo. Total zoo. Found a couple bargains on DeSoto shorts and DeFeet socks, which i couldn't resist. Headed over for my bib and chip and hightailed it back to the metro gold line.

Going out for a pasta dinner tonight, and hope to enjoy a leisurely Saturday on the couch with movies, magazines, and books. Probably will look back through my training log tonight before bed. It's a ritual I like to do before any big event. Helps to calm my nerves and build my confidence. No idea what will happen when the gun goes off on Sunday, but I have a plan which i aim to stick with.

25,000 runners expected. Don't expect I'll be able to pick out any BTers, but best of luck to all who have gotten themselves this far. I'll look forward to reading about the various highs and lows in your race reports.
2007-03-02 10:14 PM

User image

Santa Monica, CA
So excited! Spent a couple hours at the expo today just walking around and grabbin' up all the goodies. Those Emerald nuts are good!

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Los Angeles Marathon Rss Feed  

of 2