General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VO2Max Test Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-12 10:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
PR
Subject: VO2Max Test Recommendations

Hi all...!

I want to see your comments on the VO2Max Test.  Any of you had one? What are the benefits or what can I learn from the results? Etc...

Thanks for the replys...

Charlie

2004-08-12 10:46 AM
in reply to: #46822

Veteran
Colorado Springs
Subject: RE: VO2Max Test Recommendations
Also how much it cost!
2004-08-12 10:55 AM
in reply to: #46822

User image

Veteran
Philadelphia, PA
I had one done a few years ago and it was free ....actually, i got paid $25 to do it....i did it on a stationary bike not the treadmill ....it was for a research study for the VA ....I do know of a site that does them for athletes ..not sure of the price ....give me some time and i will post the info

John
2004-08-12 11:19 AM
in reply to: #46842

User image

Veteran
Philadelphia, PA
carlos,

not sure where you live ...but for anyone on the east coast, check out

http://tri-speed.com/lab.asp

Discover your true potential and maximize your training. Learn your VO2 Max, anaerobic threshold, and more and start training right! To schedule an appointment, contact Krista Schultz by phone (410-252-3103) or by e-mailing Krista.

Krista A. Schultz, CSCS, BS, MEd
Triathlon Academy

As the director of the Trispeed Human Performance Lab, I perform VO2 max, resting metabolic and body fat composition testing on many different populations. I specialize in heart rate zone training and program development.

I was a Division I track and Cross Country athlete in college at University of New Orleans and majored in exercise physiology with a minor in Nutrition. It was there I began doing exercise testing with a professor studying marathon runners, professional cyclists and obese children. During my undergraduate studies I also worked at a sports and conditioning center performing exercise testing and designing training programs for the New Orleans Brass Hockey team as well as many other populations.

I have also worked in many physical therapy clinics including Johns Hopkins outpatient center. My experiences in physical therapy include working with the Orioles baseball players as well as rehabbing a number of overuse injuries.

My formal education continued at Goucher College where I received a Masters degree in athletic administration and worked with Cross-Country and Track & Field athletes. I now work with 23 different sports teams at Towson University on athletic development.

I have worked with individuals, sports teams and professional athletes in both endurance and power sports. Testing athletes has become both a specialty and a passion of mine because I can relate to my clients. I presently compete in triathlons and am a member of Team USA. I feel that I understand the desire to gain physiological insight to improve oneself and maximize and use exercise time the most efficient and effective way possible.

The Trispeed Human Performance Lab uses the New Leaf Personal V02 Assessment Kit. Medical Graphics, Inc., the parent company of New Leaf is a leader in the field of medical diagnostic testing.

TriSpeed Human Performance Lab Pricing:

Personal VO2 Assessment Kit (Required/One Time Fee) $50 ($45*) includes:
- Personal VO2 Assessment Mask
- Exercise Sensor
- Metabolic Sensor
- Adaptors

Initial Exercise Assessment Test $100 ($90*) includes:
- VO2 Max. and Anaerobic Threshold data
- Results Booklet
- Heart Rate training zones
- 20 minute consultation

Initial Resting Metabolic Test $75 ($65*) includes:
- Resting metabolic data
- Daily Calorie expenditure
- Percentages of Energy Nutrients

Follow Up Exercise Assessment and Resting Metabolic Tests $50 ($45*) includes:
- VO2 Max. and Anaerobic Threshold data
- Updated Heart Rate Training Zones
- 10 minute consultation

Skinfold Bodyfat Test $15 includes:
- Bodyfat Percentage
- Recommendations

Quantity Discount for Individuals $230 includes:
- Four Exercise Assessments tests per Calendar Year
(Does not include Personal Assessment Kit)

*Prices in parentheses are applicable to Groups of 3 or more people. Please contact Krista Schultz to inquire about Group testing.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VO2Max Test Recommendations Rss Feed