of 21

2007-10-14 3:18 PM
in reply to: #1007445

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - FULL
richtherunner - 2007-10-14 11:11 AM

Well, just in from my Toronto 1/2 Marathon. I managed to race a PB by 18 seconds. Better than nothing and I am happy about that. Was a great day for a run and the company was good.

I have posted a race report if you are interested.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Great job! The COLD DAYS OF RUNNING in Negative Temperatures pays off!

I ran a fun 10k today. NO 1/2 Marathon but my legs are still tired from Last weeks 1/2....

2007-10-15 7:00 AM
in reply to: #645139

User image

Veteran

Thanks Steve, actually training in warm temps really helps for the cooler races.

Sounds like you had a great run yourself and a great time. Good stuff!

2007-10-15 11:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Northern Virginia

Hi everyone!  Rich - Way to go on the PB this weekend!!! 

I also had a personal best on a neighborhood 5k race.  Place 5th in my age group.  I was about 5 secs away from getting some hardware!  I had a blast and had my two sons out there with me.  One ran the 1K run and the other was involved in his TaeKwonDo school demonstrations.  It's been a year of firsts for me and I've got my final one coming up in two weeks.  My first marathon.  Just wanted to say thanks to our group for all the inspiration and stories this year.  I've had a great time and I'm definitely hooked.  Already making plans for next year!  HIM in 08!!

2007-10-15 1:39 PM
in reply to: #1008485

User image

Pro
jlough - 2007-10-15 9:27 AM

Hi everyone!  Rich - Way to go on the PB this weekend!!! 

I also had a personal best on a neighborhood 5k race.  Place 5th in my age group.  I was about 5 secs away from getting some hardware!  I had a blast and had my two sons out there with me.  One ran the 1K run and the other was involved in his TaeKwonDo school demonstrations.  It's been a year of firsts for me and I've got my final one coming up in two weeks.  My first marathon.  Just wanted to say thanks to our group for all the inspiration and stories this year.  I've had a great time and I'm definitely hooked.  Already making plans for next year!  HIM in 08!!

NICE NICE! IT'S SOUND LIKE AN ALL AROUND GOOD WEEKEND FOR EVERYONE!!!!
2007-10-15 3:15 PM

User image

Veteran

Good job Jan, feels good doesn't it.

HIM next year eh! Same for me (in September 08). Not sure I'll be fully ready, but at least I'll give 'er all I've got. Lots of time to train too. I just signed up as a silver member here so that I can get some good training plans. Anyone have any recommendations?

2007-10-23 5:22 PM
in reply to: #1009043

User image

First half marathon last saturday, finished well. Got the start of a sinus infection on friday morning and that worried me, but I wasn't about to be stopped, and luckily in the morning I felt good. Had my oj, oatmeal and a banana at 5, left by 5:30, found the restroom (2x) and then started at 7. Took me 1:38:16 to finish, 7:30 min/mile. Very happy with the results and it was fun to run w/ my buddy. Paid for it as later that day I got to feeling pretty crap, couldn't stay warm and couldn't stop blowing my nose. It was totally worth it. I'm riding my bike to a 5 or 10k (haven't picked my distance yet, why doesn't somone just tell me) about 5 miles away, running, then riding back, a good little saturday workout.

Next year my goals (so far) are to go back to the first tri I did and break 1:20, complete 3 other sprints and a couple oly distance. BUT what I really want to know is, what is everyone here's goals for next year, or winter training??? Let's hear it!

Adam

2007-10-24 7:40 AM

User image

Veteran

Adam, 1:38 is a phenomenal time for your first. Congrats on a great race time.

My goals, so far for 2008 are to work up to a HIM in September (already signed up so I have to do it), with the goal of just finishing it. As part of the training, which will start in January, I will also do a few 1/2 Mara's, a 30k road race, and some 10k's. Will also do some 100k rides and spend much more time in the pool to get prepared.

2007-10-24 8:57 AM

Searcy, AR
I usually set really lofty goals at the end of the season only to have to re-evaluate them later on. I plan on running the Little Rock Marathon in March, followed by the Music City Marathon in Nashville in April. Then I will try to start off the tri season where I wanted to start this year: Memphis in May Tri. From there I would like to do a sprint each month and conclude with a HIM before the Chicago Marathon next October. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.

My goals for training is to focus more on my diet and eating habits. I did pretty good with the physical requirements when training for the Chicago Marathon this year, but I sucked on the eating requirements. My thoughts were, "Hey, I'm running a lot. I can eat whatever I want." Not a good philosophy. So, if I can continue to train like I did for Chicago, but eat better, I feel confident that I can reach my goal of doing a HIM by the end of next season.

Oh yeah, my Chicago Fun Run shirt came in. Most of you have read my post on the Chicago Marathon. What I forgot to mention is that when the canceled the race, the said that from there on out it would be considered a "Fun Run." Who does a 26.2 mile "Fun Run?" Anyway, a few runners got together and decided to do something for the family of the guy that died. They designed a shirt and proceeds from the shirt go to a fund for his family. Check out the shirt and the site:

http://www.chicagofunrun.com/

I will wear the shirt with pride.
2007-11-04 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi Guys, hope all is going well with everyone.

I have just finished my last 1/2 marathon for the year and posted a report in the race reports. Not a PB, but a great time none the less.

Hope everyone's races have been good this year and looking forward to next year.

2007-12-15 10:12 PM

User image

No one has been very active posting anything lately, so I thought I would break the silence. I didn't post anything about my tirathlon race of the season. I didn't even get around to doing a race log. Oh well. It was fun, but it definately wasn't my best.

I put together a good swim, had a really good T1, and was tearing up the bike too. But, I missed a turn on the bike, about 4 guys followed, and to make a long story short one of the followers wrecked, dislocated his shoulder, and I waited with him until the medic showed up and picked him up. We had gone so far off course that there was absolutley no one around. So, I sent the kid that caused the accident back to the corse to get somebody. Oh well. I'm putting that one in my lessons learned file: don't miss anymore turns.

Other than that, I won my age group in a small 5k close to my home town. That was fun. And my wife and I did a 10k on Thanksgiving. I was so proud of her. She's always been active, but I never ever thought she would be a runner.

And I'm getting ready for the 1/2 Marathon in January here in Houston. Training is going pretty good. My legs definitely don't like the extra mileage, but I'm getting used to it. I'm using a Hal Higgdon training program. Speed work is a blast. The mileage is the tought part. I've got a 13 miler tomorrow.

One more thing. I finally bought a wetsuit yesterday. Got a QR HydroJohn. I haven't swam in it yet, but I think it's going to be great.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season.

Benson
2007-12-18 11:52 AM

User image

Pro
Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!

2007-12-24 12:41 PM

User image

Veteran

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

I hope you all have a good rest and are able to start strong for the next season.

I am currently nursing a Calf Muscle tear (hopefully it's minor) that I did on Saturday when walking down the stairs to my basement. I am scheduled to start the first of a 20 week HIM training schedule on January 7th, so hopefully the calf will allow me to do some training. It may force me to spend more time on the bike in the basement and at the pool (I'm just working on a gym membership for the pool bit) as this is what I have neglected a lot this year.

Anyway everyone, have a good one.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - FULL Rss Feed  

of 21