BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Lcsolutions Group - Re-OPENed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-05-15 1:58 PM
in reply to: #647782

User image

Veteran
Springfield, NJ
Subject: RE: Lcsolutions Group - Re-OPENed!
Hello:

I’d love to join up in this group. I’m fairly self motivated about training but know that my performance would benefit with a group to help push me along as I’m generally happy with the status quo.

Here’s a little about me:

36 years old; married 14 years with one stepdaughter who’s all grown and out of the house; 6ft & 173 lbs. (Wife does not exercise) Never really a sports guy except for tennis in HS but I’m an avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman and have gobs of outdoor hobbies. I travel a lot, about 60-80 days a year in hotels – but I train in the gyms while traveling.

I started training for triathlons a few months ago when I realized I was way out of shape (have now lost 48 lbs since October) and feel great. My first sprint is this Sunday, the 20th of May, and I feel well prepared. My next tri, an Olympic, is July 22nd and then one more Oly late this summer I hope. The goal, if my body can take it as I have bad knees, is an iron man late summer 2008 so I have plenty of work to do.

Weakness is swimming for sure and my strength is biking, which is also my favorite. I belong to a gym with 2 indoor pools and have a pool with a tether at the house. I ride a 2003 Softride (eyeing a P3or P2 now) and I’m dedicated to training 5-6 days a week.

-Brian

2007-05-16 7:48 AM
in reply to: #800573

User image

Brownsburg, IN
I'm gonna switch gears here a bit. I see that they just opened up a bunch of new mentor for May, and I am going to join one of them. Hoping to be more in a boat of people just starting out like me.

Good luck to everyone.
2007-05-16 8:35 AM
in reply to: #802326

Veteran
Asw long as you find a home! Bwest of luck to you, and BE STRONG!
2007-05-16 8:35 AM
in reply to: #802326

Veteran
Asw long as you find a home! Best of luck to you, and BE STRONG!
2007-05-16 8:38 AM
in reply to: #801496

Veteran
Brianclayton - 2007-05-15 2:58 PM

Hello:

I’d love to join up in this group. I’m fairly self motivated about training but know that my performance would benefit with a group to help push me along as I’m generally happy with the status quo.

Here’s a little about me:

36 years old; married 14 years with one stepdaughter who’s all grown and out of the house; 6ft & 173 lbs. (Wife does not exercise) Never really a sports guy except for tennis in HS but I’m an avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman and have gobs of outdoor hobbies. I travel a lot, about 60-80 days a year in hotels – but I train in the gyms while traveling.

I started training for triathlons a few months ago when I realized I was way out of shape (have now lost 48 lbs since October) and feel great. My first sprint is this Sunday, the 20th of May, and I feel well prepared. My next tri, an Olympic, is July 22nd and then one more Oly late this summer I hope. The goal, if my body can take it as I have bad knees, is an iron man late summer 2008 so I have plenty of work to do.

Weakness is swimming for sure and my strength is biking, which is also my favorite. I belong to a gym with 2 indoor pools and have a pool with a tether at the house. I ride a 2003 Softride (eyeing a P3or P2 now) and I’m dedicated to training 5-6 days a week.

-Brian

WELCOME ABOARD Brian! Welcome to the fine art of juggling family with triathlon stuff! There are three of us active on this team; mswrites (my lovely wife), jkvandy, and myself. Check around everyone's training logs, get some good ideas and inspirations, and most importantly, feel free to ask us any questions you may have! We'll be checking on your logs regularly to cheer you on and help you out. This sport is truly a blessing for all brave enough to tri it out - welcome!
2007-06-03 9:16 PM
in reply to: #647782

New user

West Tennessee
Hi, my name is Quinn. I am 17. I have ran several 5K's, a 20K, and a 50K. I want to do some Sprints. I do not know any runners. My dad liked you because of your involvement with scouts.
Could you be my mentor?

2007-06-04 8:29 AM
in reply to: #827721

Veteran
Absolutely - Welcome aboard! Tell you dad that I'm sorry for not getting back to him regarding his message; this was a race weekend for me, so I was a bit distracted! We are currently a fairly small group of folks consisting of myself (lcsolutions), mswrites, and jkvandy. We've all been working real hard getting ready for this year's tri season, and all of us have slightly different views to share with you, and to help answer any of your questions. Again, WELCOME!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Lcsolutions Group - Re-OPENed! Rss Feed  

of 2