General Discussion Race Reports! » Mud in Your Eye X-country Series #1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Mud in Your Eye X-country Series #1 - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Virginia Beach, Virginia
United States
Kale Running
35F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 10/432
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/26
Pre-race routine:

Had a bowl of oatmeal then grabbed my coffee and banana and headed for Mt. Trashmore.
Event warmup:

A good 20min warm-up run around the lake gradually building pace and finally generating some body heat. Did some of my usual drills in the parking lot then changed into my spikes and did a few striders in the grass.
Run
  • 18m 31s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 05m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

It's fun to do something different so running a X-country course was cool. It was mostly on dirt/grass with about 1/4 mile on blacktop. I'm definitely not used to the steep hill climbs but I managed to handle everything without any problems. I just now realized that there wasn't any water available on the course. Guess I didn't need any since it didn't occur to me at the time. Over the final mile or so there was one guy on my tail that kept me honest. I have a tendency to ease off during these training races and just hold my position in the final mile. Today I had to stay on effort or he would have taken me. I easily dropped him in the final 200m though.
Post race
Warm down:

Another mile or so jog.

Event comments:

What can you expect when you pay $50 for a 3 race series? They had water, coffee, and bananas at the finish but otherwise there was nothing else going on. The 3rd race in the series is supposed to have a post=race party and awards for the overall series.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-01-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:18:31 | 03.11 miles | 05m 57s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/26
Overall: 10/432
Performance: Average
Course: It's a standard X-country course run at Mt. Trashmore that basically winds back and forth around the "mountain" and climbed it maybe 4X.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-01-21 6:30 PM

User image

Pro
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: Mud in Your Eye X-country Series #1

2007-01-22 11:31 AM
in reply to: #662593

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: RE: Mud in Your Eye X-country Series #1

Joel,

Great race, especially for a training race.  Congrats on the age group win.

Ernie 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mud in Your Eye X-country Series #1 Rss Feed