of 13

2008-04-09 1:41 PM
in reply to: #1173332

User image

Regular
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Subject: RE: Robmw2's Group--Full
Does anyone still check this forum??

I've got the bug to try Triathlon again...I have a good running base, I'm getting my bike tires fixed this week, and I got in the pool for the first time in a while today!

Mandi

2008-04-09 3:41 PM
in reply to: #669112

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I check it when I get an email saying there was a post!

That's great news Mandi. I hurt my knee last year so I'm just starting training for a Sprint Tri on Father's Day.
2008-04-10 2:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark

Hi

Yes I do chekc in on BT daily. Training hard for Florida ½ Ironman.

Do come and chear on me May 18th in Disney ;-)

Best regards

Hans

2008-04-10 6:42 PM

User image

Mandi, Steve, Hans
Welcome back. It has been quiet here for some time. Good to here that you and Steve are back. I am heading over to Disney to see Hans race, Mandi you should come check it out. Mandi are you doing the Disney 15K? My wife and her friend are going to give it a try. Steve sorry to here about the knee.
Robert
2008-04-11 3:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark

Yes, do come to Disney. I need all the support I can get.

Then you can check out my new bike.

Just had pleasant day at work last week, my company is sponsoring me!

With a pair of race whels, just ordered a set of Zipp 404 and a Zipp Sub-9 disc

Pictures in my album soon

Regards

Hans

2008-05-16 2:07 PM

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Hans,

Good luck this weekend. Though I assume you won't have computer access to get this until after the race.

*I'll be a spectator at the Columbia Triathlon here in Maryland. There are some big pros racing including Macca, Desiree Ficker and Jessi Stensland.

Steve

2008-05-16 3:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark
Thanks Steve I will be racing this weekend, but not in Florida.

I haven't kept you updated on the latest news. So here is the bad news:

We left Denmark, April 30th, and arrived at Miami international at 3 pm, and after staying in line for 2 hours at the passport control, we were taken into custody by the custom and border protection. Apparently there was something with Jette and her stay in Miami more than 10 years ago. She was questioned for several hours and was told that she was no imitable to the USA because the violated her stay some 18 years ago. We talked to the police for several hours and they said it was an unfair decision, and they tried to work something out. After 7 hours they told us that they would give Jette probation for 25 days and that I could take our kids to the hotel. It was past midnight and the kids were exhausted. Jette should stay and finished the paperwork and would come a couple of hours later with a cab. I received a message from Jette at 5am that suddenly they would not let her enter. She was to go back to Paris on the first flight. I called custom and border protection, but there was nothing to do. I got the kids up and went to the airport, got our tickets rescheduled, so we could get back on the same plane as Jette. Of cause the plane was overbooked, but a very helpful American Airline worker helped me sort things out. She even arranged our return tickets to be used as payment, nothing that was normal.

Jette was delivered to the plane by the custom and border protection and another helpful AA worker arranged that we could all sit together. She hadn’t had anything descent to eat since she was brought in and she was very cold and tired after sitting in the over air-conditioned waiting room for almost 26 hours without any sleep.

The trip home were very tough, the kids was eager to go to Disney, Jette’s daughter were to see her American father, I had trained for a very long time, we had saved for this trip and were all supposed to have the vacation of our life.

When we got back to Denmark and claimed our baggage, we discovered than my bike hard case was broken. Nothing happened to the bike itself, but the 2 Zipp wheels were missing. My brand new disc wheel and front wheel was gone. My other rear wheel was damaged beyond repair. I’m glad I got the bike insured.

Now all I have do is to start the “battle” with the insurance company and try to get as much as possible refunded for our trip.

I won’t get to start in the 70.3 in Disney , so I decided to do my own ½ ironman race here in Denmark, all by myself.

I’ll let you know how it went.

Edited by DDTech 2008-05-16 3:08 PM
2008-05-16 3:46 PM

User image

Hans
Sorry. That is horrible.
2008-05-16 5:04 PM

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Wow...what a mess.

Well Hans, I'll still be pulling for you this weekend.

I'm sorry to hear about all of your trouble. It should only serve to make you stronger!!

Hopefully, you'll be able to take this vacation soon.

Steve
2009-05-07 12:20 PM

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I was just poking around on BT and was wondering how all of this group was doing? Is anybody on here anymore?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Robmw2's Group--Full Rss Feed  

of 13