General Discussion Race Reports! » 17th Annual Lake Benbrook Half-Marathon & 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

17th Annual Lake Benbrook Half-Marathon & 5K - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Lake Benbrook, Texas
United States
Polansky Running
46F / 8C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 39m 43s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 32-35
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I had my standard Diet Coke with Lime and sport beans jelly beans in fruit punch. It was an awesome jump start. I originally agreed to run/walk the 5K with my mother. She changed her mind and signed me up for the half. I have run over a dozen half's, but none recently. The hills scared me too.
Event warmup:

Stretching, stretching, and more stretching.
Run
  • 2h 39m 43s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 12m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

Wow - the hills kept multiplying. You would finish one and another one would start.
What would you do differently?:

Run a different course.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretching and more stretching. Tons of water. Monoglian BBQ!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of water.

Event comments:

The race was completely closed to spectators. There was zero crowd support. There were no mile markers and they ran out of water at two of the three water stations. There was no Gatorade or sports beverage - only water, which they ran out of. There were a lot of stretches were I was completely alone. I never realized how much a stranger clapping or cheering can keep you going.

My mother had to sneak through the ajacent park to run with me. Thankfully, she brought water with her.

There was water at the post race and the baseball refreshement stand was open to purchase Gatorade/sodas.

I was really suprised that thsi was the 17th running of this race. I doubt I will run it again. It was great weather though - perfect for running.

Last updated: 2007-01-27 12:00 AM
Running
02:39:43 | 13.1 miles | 12m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
I walked two miles with my mother (cancer survivor Lynne). The rest were mostly at my standard 10 minute mile. I canhold a very steady pace.
Course: This was a very hilly course. Especially because I train at White Rock where there are very few hills. This was an out and back. I doubt I will run this race again (see race evaluation section).
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2007-01-27 11:05 PM

Regular
Lone Star State
Subject: 17th Annual Lake Benbrook Half-Marathon & 5K

2007-01-29 8:12 AM
in reply to: #670148

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: 17th Annual Lake Benbrook Half-Marathon & 5K

nice job!

that sucks about the water - but you rock for pushing through...

i'm so proud *sniff*!

BTW: what exactly is mongolian BBQ?

Edited by marymosc13 2007-01-29 8:15 AM
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 17th Annual Lake Benbrook Half-Marathon & 5K Rss Feed