General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Tropical 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Tropical 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Miami, Florida
United States
PR Racing, Inc.
74F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 48s
Overall Rank = 487/1259
Age Group = 34-39
Age Group Rank = 17/67
Pre-race routine:

I stayed with family friends in Miami the night before so Iwouldn't ahve to drive the hour to Miami in the Am...got up early...had a clif bar and drove to the start line...was there 45 min early. Got my packet and chip..and relaxed. Got my ipod all ready and stood about 1/4 from the start line.
Event warmup:

Did a bit of streatching adn walked a little around the event area..did not run at all..I am bad at warmups
Run
  • 29m 48s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

I really felt great about my run..I tried to remember to tell myslef that peopel will pass me and I will in turn pass others and not to et discouraged sicne i am only racing against myself. I also had a good music mix to help my pace...when i came in to the finishing streath, I took off my IPOD to hear the crowd cheering...ti is reaslyl overwhelmoing although I don't know anyone tere, ot hear them screaming for you. It made me run and push myself to finish faster....really felt great. Cooled down by wealing the rest of the bend and then over to the post party. Had a bagel half and grapes...
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Post race
Warm down:

walked around and had a post race snack

What limited your ability to perform faster:

need more experience

Last updated: 2006-12-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:48 | 03.11 miles | 09m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/67
Overall: 487/1259
Performance: Good
My heart rate was a pretty steady 164 the whole time excpet when i got to the incline..not much of hill at the causeway, but enough to get my heart racinmg...Folrida is typically very flat..it jumped to 180, but quickly lowered back to 168 for the finish
Course: Easy striaight course except for the causeway bridge... and the bend to the finish line...right along the water and very pretty
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-01-28 10:57 AM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Tropical 5K
Very happy with my race...wish I knew there were other Bt'rs there..would hae liked to meet them...

Edited by piperfl 2007-01-28 11:11 AM

2007-01-28 12:02 PM
in reply to: #670343

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami, FL
Subject: RE: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Tropical 5K

Hi Jamie!  Thanks for posting on my RR.  I wish I would've known you were going to be there too.  I want to congratulate you on a great race!  Nice time too!  Wasn't it a fabulous morning?

Here's a tip:  Next time check the Florida forums... I posted a little note there about yesterday's 5K.  Sometimes other BTers find you, sometimes not, but its worth it.

Hope to see you at another SoFla race soon.  Again, great job!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Tropical 5K Rss Feed