General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bad shoulder/deltoid pain with swimming :( Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-01-28 10:29 PM

User image

Elite
Chicago, IL
Subject: bad shoulder/deltoid pain with swimming :(
I've had this my whole life If I play ball, it flares up. If I bowl, it flares up.. and if I swim, it flares up...

but usally, in the past, I didn't do these events continually so it wasn't a big deal. Well I did, but that was when I was a kid, and I think this pain started as an adult.

Coming from running, it never hurt, but now doing tri's, I have to swim

Is this pain going to get better? I work on my shouders with weights, and I do specific weights for the deltoids...

but I've swam 4 times in the last 4 weeks (once a week), and this sucker hurts every time after every swim... and it ain't a light hurt, it hurts bad

right deltoid pain, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, it's usually at 7 or worse

I swim on Fridays (for now), and usually on the next Friday when I swim again, it's still a bit sore

any suggestions?

Edited by pigfinn 2007-01-28 10:31 PM

2007-01-29 8:08 AM
in reply to: #670852

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: RE: bad shoulder/deltoid pain with swimming :(

Hi Pigfin-

I can get shoulder pain from time to time and was told years ago that I may have bursitis but I don't get severe pain.

If you are having 7+ pain levels, I'd get your buttola to a doctor to see what's the dealeo. Maybe all it will entail is strengthening, icing, or the like but you don't want to mess with you shoulders. Knees and shoulders need to be given TLC or you may wind up with long term issues.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bad shoulder/deltoid pain with swimming :( Rss Feed