United States
36F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 23m 92s
Overall Rank = 73/75
Age Group = 45
Age Group Rank = 4/4
Pre-race routine:

Up early, cleaned up around the house, and got ready to go. Went to the bank to meet Bear's running partner.
Event warmup:

Got there, visited with some friends-who had some slow friends-YES-company. Set up in transition and walked around. Decided to warm up by walking across the bridge to the grave yard. My favorite uncle passed away 15 months ago, I went visit his tomb. Went back to the start and did the potty shuffle.
Run
  • 23m 48s
  • 2 miles
  • 11m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

We started fast, the two girls decided to run, I kept walking. We did have an older man walking by us, but he disappeared along the bike route. Watched the runners on the route back, cheered them on. Talked to all as usual. Thanking the volunteers and police. They all did a good job today. Ran into the timing chute.
What would you do differently?:

Train more-as usual. My time was good. I train at 15 minute miles.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Slow and cold. Got past the timing tent and started talking to the master of ceremonies. He continued to egg me on "LOUDLY" out of a slow transition. He even offered me a sofa to take a nap on. I am glad I like him.

Speed up!!!
Bike
  • 41m 3s
  • 10 miles
  • 14.62 mile/hr
Comments:

The first five miles had a head wind from HELL. I was lucky to do 9-11 MPH. However, on the way back I was pushing up to 22.4 with the help of the wind. IT WAS FUN!!! (I passed up the 2 girls on the bike.) The men at the turn commented that I was riding like a bat out of hell.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Got back to transition, peeled off layers of clothes. I got a lot of 'helpful' suggestions from the finishers. "Hurry, get lace up shoes, take off your helmet-which I was forgetting on my head as I was getting up, hurry....." Thanks guys and girls!

Hurry and put my Yankz on my shoes.
Run
  • 23m 44s
  • 2 miles
  • 11m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

We run in front of the beautiful Catholic Church, the Church bells were playing Amazing Grace, it made me think of my wonderful grandma. (My grandparents were married in this Church.) I cheered all the other runners on as they passed.

I was determined to stay in front of the two girls I'd passed on the bike. I was going good and not looking up when I turned into the school parking lot. I couldn't figure out how I'd missed the speed bumps the first time and why the water stop was gone. Well, dummy was at the wrong school. While in the circle drive, I lost my hat and had to turn around go get it. Continued on to the high school, turned around, went along the correct race route, and then ran into the finish shoot. {The girl behind me followed me to the wrong school, I told her for future reference not to follow me.}

Remember to start and use my watch.
Post race
Warm down:

Smiled, walked around talking, cheered the other 2 girls in. Went drink 'red' gatorade, my favorite and eat some red beans and rice. We stood around for awards. Bear's team got 2nd place.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to practice transitions. Need less head wind on the bike route.

Event comments:

This was a fun race, it's more fun to race than to volunteer, which I usally do at this race. It was a great fund raiser for my young cousins' school.
We had fun!

Last updated: 2007-02-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:48 | 02 miles | 11m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/4
Overall: 72/75
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall: Below average
Run with bike? Below average
Jump on bike? Good
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Average
Biking
00:41:03 | 10 miles | 14.62 mile/hr
Overall: 72/75
Wind: Headwind
Course:
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Bad
Running
00:23:44 | 02 miles | 11m 52s  min/mile
Overall: 73/75
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-02-10 8:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana
Subject: Evangeline Oak Duathlon

2007-02-11 6:00 PM
in reply to: #686541

User image

Expert
McKinney, TX
Subject: RE: Evangeline Oak Duathlon
Yay Angel!!! Great job!!  I'm so proud!  Only you would have "cleaning house" as her event warmup!  I still think of you every race morning when you insisted on emptying my dishwasher! 
2007-02-11 6:05 PM
in reply to: #686541

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denham Springs
Subject: RE: Evangeline Oak Duathlon
Hey! I didn't realize you raced

Great job on getting out in the cold and having fun

Matt
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Evangeline Oak Duathlon Rss Feed