Pacific Road Runners
6C / 43F
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 47m 43s
Overall Rank = 917/2340
Age Group = 30-39?
Age Group Rank = 69/108
Pre-race routine:

Woke up ate a bowl of VECTOR, with MILK. Then headed out the door to pick up my friend. She called and BAILED. I then headed to Tim Hortons and picked up a large black coffee.
Drove to the DOC's LARGE house and then picked up ROBBIE. Doc then decided that she wanted to me Mario Andretti and almost made me pee my pants. I thought she was going to kill me!!!(jk) But, her TURBO SUBARU is to die for!!! We got some sweet parking. Went to the potty and then went inside to get pins.
Event warmup:

Nothing. Just standing around looking for a SATTELITE!
Run
  • 1h 47m 43s
  • 21 kms
  • 05m 08s  min/km
Comments:

Started the run with DOC and ROBBIE, was dodging in and out of people.. That got old...QUICK..Waved at the Doc and took off. Started to over heat as I wore way too much. Took of the jacket and put it in its pouch. Its not a good thing as soon as I did that I started getting a cramp. This cramp would stay the whole time but was more of a nuisance than anything. Seen a woman with a Cherry tattoo on her shoulder..tres cool! I almost knocked her into the water as I was avoiding another runner. Let her go infront of me again and then almost spilled my Gatorade on her. Funny, with all these runners wearing there shirts of years past, they can't figure out to move out of the way before starting to walk. The people who wear the years race shirt, should be told that you can't wear it if you have not done it yet..as it is not cool! Stepped in a water puddle and was wet from then on. Jumped onto a bench and ran as I was cut off.
Race was good after that, the hill was good, running down hill is something I need to work on. I liked the lost lagoon part. I seen a big swan and squirrel. Volunteers were excellent.
What would you do differently?:

Well, not much, just start out in the front more.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around stretched and waited for the DOC to run by.
She was doing great. I YELLED at her near the finish, and she even picked it up!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training! My weight.

Event comments:

Nice local run.
Might do it again.

Last updated: 2007-02-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:47:43 | 21 kms | 05m 08s  min/km
Age Group: 69/108
Overall: 108/2340
Performance: Average
Course: December windstorms caused significant damage to the Stanley Park seawall, as well as other parts of the park. Closure of the seawall has necessitated some changes to the route. The most significant being that the course will now leave the seawall at the foot of Pipeline Road (mile 7) and follow Stanley Park Drive up and over Prospect Point, continuing down Stanley Park Drive to Second Beach (mile 9.5), where it will re-join the previous course for a loop around Lost Lagoon. Stanley Park Drive will be closed to traffic between these points. There will be some additional minor adjustments to compensate for the additional distance caused by running over Prospect Point. The final course will remain an accurate half marathon distance!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-02-11 4:32 PM

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC
Subject: "First Half" Half Marathon

2007-02-11 4:40 PM
in reply to: #686963

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-02-11 10:52 PM

Regular
Squamish,BC
Subject: RE: "First Half" Half Marathon

You have excellent yelling skills apparently. Must fall under the parenting prerequistes. You say "RUN" and they say "How fast?"

Run sounded a tad crowded.  It reminded me at my attempt of the Sun Run about 10 years ago.  I haven't been too keen to return to Vancouver for another race.  Good for you for charging through and having a good run.

2007-02-12 7:36 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-02-12 9:21 PM

Extreme Veteran
WHOOOOO way to go!! Too bad it was a bit crowded..... Nice job nonetheless!
2007-02-12 11:14 PM

21.2 km with a cramp?  AND.. a 5:08/km pace?  You rock, Dan.

Nice job!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » "First Half" Half Marathon Rss Feed