General Discussion Race Reports! » Chattahoochee Challenge 10k Road Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Chattahoochee Challenge 10k Road Race - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Roswell, Georgia
United States
Chattahoochee Nature Center
30F / -1C
Sunny
Total Time = 45m 8s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 13/41
Pre-race routine:

Woke up about 6am and got my stuff together and headed out to the race.
Event warmup:

Walked about 1.5 miles to the start line which help get me use to the cold air. Did some light stretching while waiting for the race to start.
Run
  • 45m 8s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Run was good, did a lot better time then I was aiming for which I am pleased about. Had a really good first mile at 6:30 pace then started to fall off each mile after that. Passed on water the first water station which I shouldn't have done, but due to the cold didn't think I needed any. At the second water station I walked through and got a cup of water. Hit Mile 4 at 28:45 and felt good. Right after mile 5 was the first hill, not a really big hill, but it still knocked me down a peg, had to take a walking steps toward the top. Once I crested the first hill I looked at my watch and knew I could break my previous course record on this run so I picked it up the final mile. Pushed to the end and finished in a great time which I am very pleased about.
What would you do differently?:

Not walk the top of the hill and drink more fluids.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked up a hill to the post race party and got my tshirt and water. Walked back down to finishing area to wait for my sister to finish. Then walked back up the hill to get her finisher swag. After that walked the 1.5 miles back to the car and tried to warm up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I guess maybe the cold air and not drinking enough, but overall I am extremely pleased with my performance today.

Event comments:

Good race, I did the same course in June by the same people and enjoyed that one as well. It is a good course and well organized.

Last updated: 2007-01-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:45:08 | 06.21 miles | 07m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/41
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Loop course along the Chattahoochee river. Majority of the course if flat, a few minor hills in the last mile.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-02-12 8:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Chattahoochee Challenge 10k Road Race

2007-02-12 9:46 AM
in reply to: #687512

User image

Master
Winder, GA
Subject: RE: Chattahoochee Challenge 10k Road Race
Good job with the race! That's an awesome finishing time!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chattahoochee Challenge 10k Road Race Rss Feed