General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pant, pant, thump, crash...& MY SHORTS Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-21 10:50 PM

User image

Expert
New Mexico
Subject: pant, pant, thump, crash...& MY SHORTS
My wife and I did the Los Alamos Triathlon today. It was her first and she did awesome. We even had a clouple of moments worth sharing:

I was climbing a hill during the bike segment and...well, I hear a person panting behind me, I feel and hear a thump from my rear bike tire, hear an explicit comment, and the unmistakeable sound of a bike hitting the pavement. I pulled to the side and looked back, a dazed rider sitting on the ground beneath her bike says "I'm ok, keep going." (Another rider advised me that the crashed rider wasn't paying attention.)

I guess a lesson learned would be: Look up once in awhile.

My wife had just finished the bike and was getting ready to jump into the pool, and realizing she still had her bike shorts on (over swimsuit) she takes them off and leaves them by the entrance. After the race, she notices her shorts are missing and in their place are a pair of shorts, same brand and model, but two sizes too small. She took it in stride (has logged plenty of miles in that particular pair) and we pondered how the new owner will react when he/she puts the the shorts on and finds them two times too big.

I guess another lesson would be: check your lables after dropping your shorts in high traffic areas.

2004-08-21 11:02 PM
in reply to: #51443

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-08-22 8:38 PM

Walla Walla, WA
Subject: RE: pant, pant, thump, crash...& MY SHORTS
I did that triathlon last year. Have you done any other NM tris this summer? I did a swim and a run for two different teams at the las vegas triathlon...that was fun. Maybe we saw eachother but didn't know it!
-Sam
2004-08-22 9:31 PM

molto veloce mama
hee hee (on the shorts). hope the other rider was okay. please extend my congratulations to your wife on finishing her first race.
2004-08-23 11:30 PM

Expert
New Mexico
sirsam16 - I didn't do the Las Vegas Tri (maybe next year) I think I was enroute back home from the other Las Vegas (International Police/ Fire Games; did cycling and half marathon.) My other NM multisport events this year were the Defined Fitness Duathlon and the Jay Benson Triathlon.

As for the crashed rider...she apologized as she sped by me, so I guess she was alright. I wonder if my tank with 27x1-1/4" tires beating out a light racing bike with skinny 700s had anything to do with physics?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pant, pant, thump, crash...& MY SHORTS Rss Feed