General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to BT & livin' in the Kansas City area Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-23 9:14 PM

Subject: New to BT & livin' in the Kansas City area
Hello! Just joined BT and am looking for fellow triathletes in Kansas City (preferably around the Olathe area). I'm getting ready for my second season as a triathlele. Last year I completed 2 local events and also the Olympic distance Chicago tri. Was pretty happy with my Chicago time (3:10:17) w/ it being my first year, only 3rd triathlon ever, not really having any type of actual training plan, and pushing myself too hard on the bike so I cramped a bit on the run. But I'm hooked and already have my race season planned out with it culminating w/ a HIM in Austin this October. Looking for anyone in the my area to bounce ideas off of, get/receive moral support during the training, and possible training partner.

If interested, let me know!!

2007-02-28 12:53 PM
in reply to: #701605

User image

Expert
St. Louis, MO
Subject: RE: New to BT & livin' in the Kansas City area
KC Multisport is a great club if you are interested in group training.  The are online at www.kcmultisport.com
2007-03-01 4:24 PM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Welcome to BT. We'll be at the Long Horn HIM also, be sure to stop by the BT booth!
2007-03-01 4:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Hi Travis... welcome to BT. There are quite a few of us from KC on here. I'm in Overland Park, but also in Olathe a lot (my BF lives there). Which races did you do last year? It sounds like you already have quite a bit of experience with tris.

I second the KC Multisport idea. I'm not a member yet, but planning on joining. And you can always get lots of support & training ideas here- it's a great site, as I'm sure you've already seen.

I'm sure I'll see you around!
2007-03-01 9:06 PM

experienced I am not...I only did 3 last year (my first year); Tinman, SMP, Chicago. It all started the year before when I thought the Chicago tri would be a good motivation to train for something. Then I started to think that making the world's largest triathlon my first tri ever probably wasn't that bright so I did a couple prior to it just to get the feel for them and absolutely fell in love with them. Funny how things happen.
2007-03-11 1:23 AM

User image

Kansas City
Where can I find out more information about kcmultisport's events and so forth? There doesn't seem to be much information on the site. Perhaps its in the forums (which are currently down)?

I'm relatively new to KC (six months). I haven't done much training since the Eisenhower Challenge adventure race in September, but I made the lotter for Escape from Alcatraz in June so I really need to start training again. I'm looking for a club or possibly even a coach to get my butt in gear.

Thx,

d

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to BT & livin' in the Kansas City area Rss Feed