General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Meal Replacement Ideas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-24 7:12 PM

Subject: Meal Replacement Ideas
I was at a bike sale today, and they had the following :

Gatorade Nutrition Shake, they had Chocolate flavor, but this also comes in Strawberry and Vanilla. It was a good taste and would be something that I could drink in the am.. It had about 310 calories and 8gms of fat and a good amount of protein. I'm thinking of changing my food in the am. I have been eating two slices of wheat bread toasted and about 2T of reduced fat peanut butter. It's easy and I can take it and drive if need be. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2007-02-24 10:20 PM
in reply to: #702101

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Meal Replacement Ideas
kytrigrl - 2007-02-24 8:12 PM

I was at a bike sale today, and they had the following :

Gatorade Nutrition Shake, they had Chocolate flavor, but this also comes in Strawberry and Vanilla. It was a good taste and would be something that I could drink in the am.. It had about 310 calories and 8gms of fat and a good amount of protein. I'm thinking of changing my food in the am. I have been eating two slices of wheat bread toasted and about 2T of reduced fat peanut butter. It's easy and I can take it and drive if need be. Any thoughts or suggestions?

IMO the Gatorade shake is not too good. It has a whopping 28 grams of sugar.

You can see it here:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-nutritional-drinks-per...

I eat MRP pancakes from Healthy Cheat Foods. They have almost no sugar but they do have complex carbs from brown rice, barley etc and healthy fats from flax. I cook them up and then take them with me in a baggy. easy enough to eat them during the day as well and they taste GREAT with no sugar syrup.

Edited by RBRMIKE 2007-02-24 10:21 PM
2007-02-24 10:46 PM
in reply to: #702101

Expert
Golden, CO
Subject: RE: Meal Replacement Ideas

I never eat breakfast so I started with meal replacement shakes to at least get something in my system.  In my opinion the shake is better than nothing but you might as well buy the target brand variety of slimfast and save a lot of money. I have actually used those in the past and have added protein powder.  

Now I am in the habit of having instant oatmeal at the office int he morning..not the best but it could be a lot worse.

Edited by jdbadger 2007-02-24 10:47 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Meal Replacement Ideas Rss Feed