MCCS Hawaii
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 120/269
Age Group = open womans
Age Group Rank = 11/24
Pre-race routine:

crap sleep, got up at 4.30am. Ate peice of toast, water and vitaminB. Took a shower as I was cold, got dressed, woke up the kids and got them dressed and in the car. Picked up 'naners' and off we went. Dropped off the kids at a friends house and went to the start. Met up with the rest of the team and we all duct taped our shoes to our bodies.

Event warmup:

Went down to the starting line and laughed at all the funny people. One group of guys dressed up as girls in short skirts and slinky dresses...very funny, and the news crew were interviewing them, must watch the news tonight. Other people were dressed pretty funny, some were obviously serious and wanted to place.
Run
  • 1h 05m 50s
  • 4 miles
  • 16m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

fellow BT member, 'naners', is a fit young lady. We stuck together thru most of the race and pushed our team mates to go hard. One of the girls only had a baby and c-section 2 months ago and so we were all very proud of her. The others were determined and did awesome. Considering we started out last place and came in 150 out of 272 just goes to show we did great. I met Rachael Ross who is a pro triathlete out here, she didnt know who I was but I told her I knew who she was, her hubby was doing the race.
What would you do differently?:

I did this race last year and my team were all wanting to place and go out for time. We trained for it and signed up early and got to go out in the first group of teams. We placed last year, but did not have to wait in lines for obsticals and had no people to pass. This year was a different angle and so glad because I got to see the fun side of it, it was a great time. Differently?, well, next year I would love to sign up early and get a great team together and go out for time. Try to work out how NOT to get rocks in my boots and maybe have a few people set up along the course with water bottles to clean mud out of my eyes out.
Post race
Warm down:

took photos, jumped in the showers, walked back to the car, cleaned up a bit and went and picked up the kids.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

all the mud! slower team mates, rocks in the shoes, 5lb boots- once they get wet you are carrying around so much weight.

Event comments:

to much fun! The Marine Corps knows how to put on a good race! Thankyou MCCS and Semper Fit!!!!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-02-23 12:00 AM
Running
01:05:50 | 04 miles | 16m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/24
Overall: 0/269
Performance: Average
The mud was muddy, the water was muddy, the obsticals were muddy, everything was wet, muddy, slippery and very smelly. We were in the last group to leave and when ever we got to an obstical we had to wait in line to get through. That slowed our time down alot, then the sticky mud was just like quick sand.
Course: mud mud and more mud. tunnels to go through, things to go under, things to go over, a run on the beach, crawling on our elbows in mud, trees to avoid and alot of laughter.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-02-24 9:48 PM

User image

Expert
Alabama
Subject: Swamp Romp

2007-02-24 10:45 PM
in reply to: #702182

User image

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Swamp Romp
I want to see pictures!!!  Good job for a last minute team!
2007-02-24 11:54 PM

User image

Expert
Hawaii
Nice report!  I forgot about the news interviewing the guys in the dresses.  That's an image that I won't forget soon.  Most definitely have to do that one again next year!!
2007-02-25 3:59 PM

User image

Expert
Herndon VA

Hey Tizzy,

It sounds like you had a lot of fun.  I've wanted to do one of these races.  You can't beat playing in the mud.  Plus you got to race with BTers and meet a pro triathlete.  Congratulations.

Ernie 

2007-02-27 4:25 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-02-27 4:48 PM

Veteran
Brisbane

I've always said "you know your in for a good time when you duct tape your shoes to your body" your report reads like you had a blast!!!

Did somebody say photos???

2007-03-02 1:13 AM

Regular
Kaneohe,Hawaii

I am so jealous. I saw the news that night and it looked like an absolute blast! It sounds like you lots of fun.

Aloha,

Matt 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Swamp Romp Rss Feed