General Discussion Race Reports! » Netcare Great North West Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Netcare Great North West Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Blackpool, Lancashire
United Kingdom
SRH Running Promotions
47.5F / 9C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 40m 53s
Overall Rank = 359/1095
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I was my first race so having read alot I got plenty of sleep Friday night and then on Saturday had pasta and drank lots of water and energy drink. One beer on Saturday night and then set the alarm for 6:30.
Breakfast was shreddies and hot milk, a coffee, then got ready and drank one iso energy drink, and took the other in the car.
Event warmup:

Parked the car and walked to North Pier while finishing the last of my bottle, found a restroom and made use!
A few stretches and found Wiganer and Chris.
Run
  • 1h 40m 53s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 42s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran in my Berghaus ignition jacket, HH base, TT cycle top and run shorts, Removed the sleeves about the 3mile point. Pacing was spot on for 8min/miles and by mile 9 a few minutes up. Decided to push with 4 miles to go and bring up the speed, didn't notice the hill really and pushed hard to do sub7 min miles for the last 1.5. - Had great pacing of the guy infront.
What would you do differently?:

I would run a faster overall min/mile pace and not pick it up so much. 8min/miles while faster than some of my training wasn't faster then my inital 6 miles on my 12mile long run. Sub 7.30 all the way, feel the hurtbox and negitive split the last half.
Set watch to right mode and run a sub 1h40 :-)

Post race
Warm down:

Few stretch, water bottle and high5 with the crowd

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Early pacing been a little slow, but in reality for my 1st race it needed to be. Early part never really felt like race, more like training run, only the last mile was hard enough

Event comments:

1st race, so a average score - Course was nicer than expected, however not really enough water points would have prefered a few more. Thanks to the local scout troop tho :D

Last updated: 2007-01-25 12:00 AM
Running
01:40:53 | 13.1 miles | 07m 42s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1095
Performance: Good
This would be much better if I had set the GPS to outdoor use at the start! Took me 1/2 a mile to set and get a satellite track. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2136285 HR avg: 165, peaking at 185 on the final mile Ran 8min/miles for 1st lap and upped the speed
Course: North Pier Blackpool to Bispham, fast and flat 2 lap course.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-02-26 10:09 AM

Subject: Netcare Great North West Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Netcare Great North West Half Marathon Rss Feed