Greenville Track Club
48F / 9C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate a caribou coffee bar. Drank some coffee. Used the restroom. Drove to race. Tried to pick up my packet. They didn't have my packet because I was a "late" entry. I sent them a check twoo weeks ago. Finally got my number and timing chip and went back to the car. Prepared for warm-up
Event warmup:

Strides, jogging and stretching.
Run
  • 51m 26s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

I have to work on pacing and tempo runs. I need to be able to run faster for longer (who doesn't?). I tried to go out faster than normal, but that didn't work. I think maybe an 8.5 min/mile would have done the trivk, but I don't know what that feels like.
What would you do differently?:

Train for hills more, run faster, tell my mental demons to shut up.
Post race

Last updated: 2007-01-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:26 | 06.21 miles | 08m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Rolling with one steep ascent at mile 5. I picked a girl I knew from triathlons as my pace-setter. Felt good at the start. When I got to mile 1, they called out my split - 7:45 uh oh. I didn't panic. Instead I stayed on my pacesetter's shoulder. I was trying to think positive that maybe I had made this much of an improvement. I hung with her until shortly after mile 3. Then the demons began telling me to back off, you're tired, you'll never make that hill at mile 5 at this pace and I backed off. Way too much. Here come the throngs of runners passing me. I knew there was no way I was going to walk that climb and I ran every step of it. Once that was over, I tried to pick up the pace. My split at mile 5 (just before the climb) was 40:32. I knew my sub 50 goal was still attainable. I was picking up speed when I heard my mile 6 split - 49:56. That sucked the wind out of my sails. I kind of paused mid-stride cuz I knew I didn't make my goal. I did improve my time from last year which was 52 something.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-03-03 3:24 PM

User image

Pro
Simpsonville, SC
Subject: Reedy River Run

2007-03-03 8:52 PM
in reply to: #710268

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Reedy River Run
Way to improve!  And tell those demons to shut up.  Next just tell them to get out they have no business there.  You've put in the miles and time and have built the base to see it through.  Keep attacking.
2007-03-05 6:41 AM
in reply to: #710268

User image

Elite
In my bunk with new shoes and purple sweats.
Subject: RE: Reedy River Run
You dang speed demon! What a great job. You are definitely a smokin' fast runner. Congrats and I'll see you at PI.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Reedy River Run Rss Feed