United States
Monmouth County Park System
35F / 2C
Total Time = 2h 21m 59s
Overall Rank = 316/330
Age Group = 36-40
Age Group Rank = 57/58
Pre-race routine:

The day before and the morning of the race I tried to drink Ensure and low fiber food. Also, tried to stay well hydrated. Probably ate too much pepperoni,cheese,and chicken at the Vulture Fest the day before.
Event warmup:

Went to the bathroom about 3 times. (Probably ate too much pepperoni and cheese the night before) Walked around to warm up. Light stretch.
Run
  • 2h 21m 59s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

I started a bit slow/conservative I think. Somewhere around mile 5 I started running with someone I met "Glenn" and we talked for about 3-4 miles at 10:20 pace which helped pass the time. Somewhere around mile 9 I started running with someone else "Chris" at a bit slower 11:00 pace. We walked the last aid stations which slowed us down some but I probably needed it. (6 mile split 10:30) (6 mile to finish 11:08)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. My goal was 2:30 and I beat it by 8 minutes. I felt good most of the race except the last 2 miles or so and mentally pushed myself through it. I feel really good about my over all performance.
Obviously I wasn't breaking records but this was my first time doing this distance and my main goal was to finish.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the indoor track as I ate and drank my recovery drink. Then stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

More training and experience/confidence on this distance. I'm happy very with my performance though.

Event comments:

While there were a good amount of aid stations they weren't technically at the same location they were "supposed to be". Altered my drinking plan a little bit.

Last updated: 2007-02-12 12:00 AM
Running
02:21:59 | 13.1 miles | 10m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/58
Overall: 0/330
Performance: Good
Course: Mostly flat. Mile 9-12 had some hills.
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes