General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Utah Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-05 1:44 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Utah Newbie
Hello everyone!! I am very new to sport, but grew up playing the big 3. Football, basketball, & baseball, and even played football in college. I have got to the point in life where I have added extra weight and lost considerable amount of muscle. I am looking to the Triathlon to get me back into good physical shape, but I have a feeling I am going to find something more. I probably need to drop 20 to 30lbs and I know that will come with training. I have signed up for a Duathalon a month and a half from now, and I am using it as a platform to see if I can do a couple sprints this season. I would love any advise encouragement, or if anyone is up in the Davis County area that would like to help a newbie out that would be awsome.

2007-03-05 2:01 PM
in reply to: #712048

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
Subject: RE: Utah Newbie
Welcome to BT!  You will find great information and advice here and the training logs are very helpful.  Good luck!
2007-03-05 3:07 PM
in reply to: #712048

Expert
Las Vegas

Welcome to BT!  Enjoy all there is to offer.

BTW, "the big three" on this site are Swim, Bike, Run!

Looking forward to checking out your logs!

2007-03-05 3:35 PM
in reply to: #712202

User image

New user

Thank you for the encouragement. I have to say it is easy for me to get motivated when I have a goal, and the duathalon is going to be a good test for me. My biggest fear is the swimming section of the Tri, just because I swim like a brick!!!!!!!
Another motivation for me is to be an insperation to my boy. I have a father that from the first time I can remember has been very over weight and not been able to be active with his kids. Not only do I want my child to see me active, but I want him to realize the quality of life you can have at an older age if you take care of yourself and have an intrest in activites that keep you physcally and mentally fit!

Wish me luck, this is a life long change for me and not just an acheivement I am just going to forget about!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Utah Newbie Rss Feed