General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weight Watcher's The Core Plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-27 8:24 AM

Veteran
Subject: Weight Watcher's The Core Plan
I weighed in at WW yesterday and they changed the program. Now you have a choice between points and "the core." Has anyone been doing the core? Are you losing weight on it? How do you feel after training -- more energy? less?

I think I'm sticking with points -- lost 32lbs......if it ain't broke...I'm not fixing it.....yet I'm curious......

Keriann

2004-08-28 7:11 AM
in reply to: #54234

Veteran
Subject: RE: Weight Watcher's The Core Plan
Hmmm...no one's doing it huh?

Well, that tells me something.........I'm sticking with the points!
2004-08-29 5:06 PM

Hammond, La

Tried it for a while and felt that I needed more control. I felt i was at a buffet.

I think if you are new to WW core would be fine if you were doing points for awhile you would feel out of control.

NOGILLS

Edited by NOGILLS 2004-08-29 5:07 PM
2004-08-29 7:44 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Is WW a good way to lose weight? Is it expensive? Do you have to buy a lot of WW branded stuff anymore? They're starting a group at work and I've known people with awesome success. I do fine on the exercise part but the nutrition, alas, haven't gotten a groove I can stick with although I do eat pretty healthy daily. Thanks for comments.
2004-08-30 2:37 AM

New user

On the beach in Hawaii
I have been doing the Core Plan for a week now and it's great!! The Core Plan focuses on eating whole, unprocessed foods. I find that I have tons more energy and my workouts are great. I bounce out of bed in the morning ready to go and even after working all day I come home and can't wait to get into the ocean for my swim. I lost over 50lbs on Flex Points but lately I haven't been able to get enough food. The Core Plan is the perfect cure. I find I'm not hungry all the time and I'm mentally more focused. I can't praise this plan enough, it's awesome!!!!!

Florence
2004-08-31 10:07 AM

User image

spokane, WA
I need to go back. And start trainging again. I went from 160. to 169.4 in about a month and I want to get back to lifetime. Need support!
Kim

2004-09-03 5:21 PM
in reply to: #55610

MN
Me too. Started in Feb and lost 32 lbs, summer came and so did the engagements, events, weddings, birthdays, etc and I'm up about 10. Workouts have slacked off too. Drawing the line in the sand...
Jamma.
2004-09-09 11:06 PM

User image

Expert
Utah
The Core Plan seemed too restrictive for me, so I am sticking with the Flexpoints. However, I have a friend who plateaued (is that a word???) after losing 50+ lbs and went to the Core Plan for a week and lost 3 lbs.
2004-09-10 3:07 PM

South Portland, ME
I lost 75 lbs on the Winning Points plan....in the last year I gained 10 lbs (so I am now over my goal weight) and I thought I would try the Core Plan to shake it up and try something new. I _LOVE_ it....I feel healthier, more energy and just over all better. I have lost 5 lbs in two weeks...so it is doing something right.
2004-09-10 5:12 PM

User image

Pro
Helena, MT
So, tell me about the Core. It would be nice to drop a few lbs, but I'm more interested in eating healthier than I do now. What gets thrown out? What can I still eat?
2004-09-10 5:23 PM
in reply to: #60141

MN
from what I've gathered, it's fresh fruits and veggies. Fruits of the canned variety have to be drainied, but can't
be syrup packed. You have 35 points or so to use thru out the week, and that would include your condiments. So it's okay to have the potato, but need to count the butter/sour cream in your weekly points. Lean meats
are okay. Natural grains/cereals. Basically stay away from anything processed. Imagine you can only eat from
a farmers market, BUT, you still have 35 points to use during the week, so you could splurg and have pizza and beer for a night. What surprised me is that it really didn't address portion control, more focused on a scale of 1 to 5 on how full you feel from 1-famished, to 5-stuffed. goal is to stay in the 2-4 area. Anyone else comment?
Jamma.

2004-09-11 1:30 AM
in reply to: #60143

New user

On the beach in Hawaii
You can also have chicken, fish, turkey, lean pork or beef, canned chicken/tuna (as long as it's packed inwater) also brown rice, whole wheat pasta, potatoes once a day. Couscous, bulgur, barley as much as you want. I've been on it 3 weeks now and am so pleased with it. I've lost a total of 5 lbs in 3 weeks after 8 months on a plateau. I have tons of energy and literally pop out of bed in the morning. It's awesome. I love not counting points. When your training for a tri 22 points is just not enough a day and the activity points don't seem to help much. Anyway, good luck to you all.

Aloha,
Florence
2004-09-11 9:47 AM

South Portland, ME
I love the fact they have you check in with yourself to see how full you feel....because that is part of the reason I gained weight was because I never bothered to check in with myself. Over the two weeks I have done Core I have really been paying a lot more attention to my body when it comes to food and when it comes to energy. If I am begining to feel run down I can just grab a quick snack from the Core groups and not worry about it fitting in my points range. It is just great. The thing is I tracked what I ate for the first few days and I didn't really eat more points then I did doing the points system, just the food was less processed.
2004-09-12 11:41 AM

Veteran
Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this tread....but I'm grateful for your input. I'm still losing on points so I think I'm going t stick with it still. I'm a little afraid of being able to "eat all of the brown rice I want." Portion control (or lack there of) is how I got into this mess in the first place.

But it's good to know that if you hit a rough patch you can lose a bit quickly (it seems) on core.

Keri
2004-09-12 11:44 AM
in reply to: #60143

Veteran
jamma - 2004-09-10 5:23 PM

You have 35 points or so to use thru out the week, and that would include your condiments. So it's okay to have the potato, but need to count the butter/sour cream in your weekly points.
Jamma.

You still get the 35 flex points???? WOW I didn't know that.....thnx
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weight Watcher's The Core Plan Rss Feed