United States
Terrapin Events
Overcast
Total Time = 29m 29s
Overall Rank = 138/350
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 10/31
Pre-race routine:

Got up early for a leisurely cup of coffee, Go-Lean waffle and banana, then shower. It's still raining buckets outside. Oh well, it builds character. Headed down to the start at the Morrison Bridge in Portland about 8am.
Event warmup:

Jogged up and down Water Front Park and stretched...a lot. Hit the Porto-toilet a couple of times. Met ell-in-or (Leigh) and her husband at about 8:45. It was fun meeting her after talking with her on BT. We started out together, but she did the 10K, and we got separated in the crowd. She's speedy, so I couldn't keep up anyway. :)
Run
  • 29m 29s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a fun event! It was big but not too big. Miraculously the clouds parted at the start of the race and it was dry for the rest of the day. It was tricky at first weaving in and out of people. There seemed to be quite a few groups of walkers that were walking too many abreast and blocking the way, so there was a bit of maneuvering involved. I was excited and started out too fast once things spread out a little, especially up the hill to the Steel Bridge. I kept my jacket on, which was a mistake; I got way too hot. I thought my official time was 31 minutes but my watch said 29:35 and my official chip time was 29:29. I wanted to do this in under 30 minutes and I did so I am happy. But, I was hoping for a little better margin than that.
What would you do differently?:

Just be more consistent, and start working on speed. Do more tempo runs maybe?
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked around, drank some water, then went to the finish to wait for Leigh. She did AWESOME!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too hot? skipped a workout too many? need more speed work?...Don't really know. Probably all of the above.

Event comments:

Great event, and I will do this again for sure. I think 5K is too short and will do the 10K in the future.

Last updated: 2007-03-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:29 | 03.11 miles | 09m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/31
Overall: 138/350
Performance: Good
Course: This is a great and scenic route over the Steel Bridge, then over to the Broadway Bridge and back down Water Front Park. Cherry blossoms are in bloom. Great run!
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-03-25 11:07 PM

User image

Master
State of Confusion
Subject: Bridge 2 Bridge

2007-03-25 11:23 PM
in reply to: #736535

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-05-03 9:55 AM
in reply to: #736535

New user

Subject: RE: Bridge 2 Bridge
Sounds like a beautiful course, and you did great! Congratulations on meeting your goal on it!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bridge 2 Bridge Rss Feed