Allbarnone
32C / 90F
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Daylight savings switchover really helped because we got an extra hour sleep! Awesome! I had a late night last night and whilst I behaved myself, my husband Sef over indulged in a big way so we didn't get everything together until the morning of the race, and I had to do everything because he was vomiting and totally incapacitated!!! :) Somehow still managed to organise everything, eat breakfast and get out of the door by 5.40am. Sef still insisted on racing, he didn't want to pull out because he pulled out of BRW after catching my flu virus, his work mates really gave him a stirring about it. Silly boy. I half expected to see him in the first aid tent on a drip but he managed to finish the race and somehow looked better after the race than before!!! Who would have thought! He's back in bed now though and probably will be for the rest of the day! :)
Event warmup:

I didn't feel like racing this morning. As a result I was silly and didn't warm up except for a bit of a stretch.
Swim
  • 00m
  • 250 meters
  • / 100 meters
Comments:

As I said before, I didn't warm up so combined with the biting cold wind and cold water and my lack of motivation no wonder my swim was average. Just couldn't get my body going. Didn't help that I inhaled some sea water halfway through and started choking, had to stop and sort myself out, then took a little while to get back into race pace.
What would you do differently?:

Warm up!!! *slaps herself on wrist*
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1's going well. Probably as quick as its going to get for the time being. I used those cute little socks I got for free in the BRW race pack and they're much easier to get on because they're so small. Will use these in future.

Not much.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 10 kms
  • 0.00 km/hr
Comments:

Was feeling a bit demoralised after the swim but started to feel good on the cycle, settled into a good rhythm. Kept my cadence between 90-100. People were all over the road though, on my second lap a girl in front of me missed the bike exit and then stopped abruptly just after it and I rode into the back of her. Didn't fall off but it gave me a bit of a scare. The corners at each end were a little tight as well.

Not much, I'm pretty happy with the cycle given my mood today.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

T2 is going well. Not much that needs work here.
Run
  • 00m
  • 2.5 kms
  •  min/km
Comments:

I was determined to run the whole thing without stopping and I did (except stopped briefly at one water station as I can't run & drink). I figured I could look back on the race with satisfaction if I achieved this. So the whole way I was basically just talking to myself in my head making myself keep going. It was pretty tough but I did it so I'm pretty pleased about that.

I need to run faster, but its just a matter of training. Was happy with today's run.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank water, ate free jelly beans and chatted to friends. Everyone went to the Left Bank for breakfast but we went home pretty quickly due to Sef's hang over!!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I haven't trained much in the past month due to illness and I definitely feel a drop in fitness. Also currently have the women's monthly thing so that probably doesn't help with iron stores, mood etc!

Event comments:

The race started off crap, but then I felt better on the cycle and was happy with my run, so it was kind of onwards and upwards. My heart really wasn't in it today and I allowed myself to become demoralised easily. We all have these times don't we, I'm not really that bothered, I'm just putting this down to experience. I think I'm a bit triathlon-ed out for the minute. This was my last planned race for the season and I'm glad its over, I'm now looking fwd to some pressure-free training! Unless this HIM in a team swim thing goes ahead ... :)

Last updated: 2007-03-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 250 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course: Deep water start, swam parallel to shore before making a left turn around a buoy into shore.
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Bad Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 10 kms | 0.00 km/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: Three laps along the Esplanade.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:00:00 | 02.5 kms |  min/km
Performance: Good
Course: Nice run out along a groyne and back. Nice views. Nice cooling headwind on the way back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes