Age Group Rank = 907/1769
Pre-race routine:

granola bar, lots of water
Run
  • 47m 11s
  • 4.2 miles
  • 11m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

My first ever run w/ more than a few thousand people...very nice to finish and have thousands of people still finishing 30 minutes after me!
What would you do differently?:

not much, carrying a water bottle is something I would have never done for 4.2 miles in Florida, but I'm glad I did in AZ, really helped on the run when my mouth and nose were so dry I couldn't stand it
Post race
Warm down:

stretching and looking for my friend while trying to stay down on the field for as long as possible.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The people cuttng the chips off were too close to the finish line. I had to stand for a least a minute behind a wall of people that was 10 deep before I could cross the finish line. Too many first timers would didn't understand that you have to cross both mats. My time does not reflect my actual race! I'm not that psycho about my race times, but losing a minute at the end like that was VERY frustrating. I still clocked in under 48 minutes, which was my goal, so I'm happy to know that I probably finished in the ball park of 46 minutes and some change.

Event comments:

There may have been food at the end, but all I could find was ice cream. Would have really liked a bagel! An awesome race, defintely worth using free airfare and free lodging to travel from Tampa to Tempe just for a run! As far as numbers go, it was cool to run with 10,000 people! I'd do it again, and it was for a good cause.

Last updated: 2007-03-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:11 | 04.2 miles | 11m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 907/1769
Overall: 5696/9471
Performance: Good
Course: some very small hills, a triangular shaped course around (but not through) the university, finish line at the 42 yard line at Sun Devil Stadium--pretty cool.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-04-09 9:13 AM

User image

Regular
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Subject: Pat's Run

2007-04-11 6:56 AM
in reply to: #753543

User image

Veteran
Ida, Michigan
Subject: RE: Pat's Run
Sounds like you had a nice race.  A jam up at the finish line sucks, can't say I've ever had that happen.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pat's Run Rss Feed