General Discussion Race Reports! » United Way of St. Charles 5K Bridge Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

United Way of St. Charles 5K Bridge Run - Run

View Member's Race Log
Destrehan, Louisiana
United States
New Orleans Track Club
80F / 27C
Precipitation
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 61/304
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Worked 6:45pm-7:15am then drove about 20 miles to race site. Got there around 8:05. Race to start at 8:30. Ate a banana and fig newton at 6am. It was raining pretty bad so the authorities said the Bridge was to unsafe to run on so the coarse was redone on the highway. Picked up two oler women who were droped off and waiting at the wrong site and gave them a ride to the new start line.
Event warmup:

Port-a-potty. Strethed. Jogged for 3 minutes until it was time for the start of the race.
Run
  • 22m 56s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Wet streets. But better than running on the bridge. I was a little fearful of that steep bridge.

mile 1- 7:05
mile 2-7:40
mile 3-7:27
mile.1-:42
What would you do differently?:

Not work for 12 hrs on my feet before a race and get some sleep.
Post race
Warm down:

Just turned in race result number and got some water and a cold pack that they were giving out. A lot of booths were set up with free stuff and food, but I was anxious to get home, take a shower, and get to bed. Still happy with the results for the conditions and circumstances.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of sleep and rest.

Last updated: 2007-04-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:56 | 03.11 miles | 07m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 61/304
Performance: Good
Course: Coarse started under Destrehan Bridge and ran out on River Road than U turned until 1 mile mark. Than turned right on long stretch of road with a strong head wind. This affected my 2-3 mile run because there was a pack about 20 yards in front of me and a pack about 20 yards behind me. It was just me a small woman running together. No one really to block the wind or draft off of. Turned around at Train tracks and was running with the wind. One more turn right than finished under the bridge. It was drizzling the whole run and the streets were very wet with puddles.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-04-15 12:40 AM

Veteran
Subject: United Way of St. Charles 5K Bridge Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » United Way of St. Charles 5K Bridge Run Rss Feed