Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Grimsby Area Triathletes???!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-19 10:14 AM

New user

Subject: Grimsby Area Triathletes???!!!
Hi there,

I was wondering if there are any Grimsby area people doing tri training? I am preparing for an olympic distance for the end of the summer, and will be doing the sprint distance in June/July in Binbrook and Grimsby. I could use the advice of someone from the area concerning a few areas of concern, with tri training still new to me (background in running only).

1) What cycling route do you follow? I'm looking at 20-30KM, or something close to that. Anything below the escarpment? I know the Grimsby tri includes a long hill climb, but I'm not starting to train for the hilll for a few weeks at least.

2) I am going to get a pair of slicks for my MTB until I decide if Tri. is for me...any suggestions as to a good dealer close to Grimsby?

3) Are there any good running paths? I am getting tired of Grimsby Secondary School track.

Hit me back, and we can compare notes. Might be good to have someone in the area that I can ask a few questions.

Regards,

Mike Kovacs

2007-05-04 1:05 PM
in reply to: #768276

Subject: RE: Grimsby Area Triathletes???!!!
There is a triathlon group in Gimsby called The Grimsby Gators. They do have a web site if you want to Google them. I do not belong, but I think they would be very helpful to you.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Grimsby Area Triathletes???!!! Rss Feed