Daytona Beachcombers
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 29m 29s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Female 40-44
Age Group Rank = 9/24
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 6am and ate a banana and half bagel. Drove to the race site 35 minutes away. Sipped 16oz of water on the drive to the race.
Event warmup:

Stretched a bit, jogged to registration to get race pack and jogged back to car. Walked back to site, took potty break, stretched a bit more and waited near starting area. VERY WINDY CONDITIONS!!
Run
  • 29m 29s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

My goal today was to run a STEADY pace and not to stop. I did not care about total time as long as I could keep my pace under 9:30/mile. I walked two times for about 15 seconds each (water stop plus one other time) which I didn't want to do...but I had to.
What would you do differently?:

As far as today's race, I wouldn't do anything differently except maybe try not to stop but given the conditions and still being sick, I was pleased that I only walked for 31 secs.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some water and took advantage of the free massage. Left leg (lower hamstring) was tight but not hurting. Also had a skin screening from a dermatologist and ate a half bagel and banana.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still recovering from bronchitis and shingles. Fever blister is better but my breathing was still labored - the high winds seemed to make it worse.

Event comments:

This is a great race - fun atmosphere and LOTS of fast runners, good prizes and cute awards (lifeguard stand trophies).

Last updated: 2007-03-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:29 | 03.1 miles | 09m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/24
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
mile 1 - 9:24 mile 2 - 9:33 mile 3 - 9:65 (walked at water for 15secs & once for 18secs) final - 29:29
Course: Beach course out and back. Beach was sloped and it was VERY windy (east wind about 20mph).
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-04-21 6:40 PM

User image

Expert
searching for the elusive runner's high!
Subject: RayZ Awareness 5K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » RayZ Awareness 5K Rss Feed