General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT'ers in the Austin Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2007-06-01 5:28 PM
in reply to: #823343

Austin, TX
Subject: RE: BT'ers in the Austin Area
bar92 - 2007-05-30 9:05 PM

aprils - when will you be out riding the Lake Pflugerville Tri bike course this weekend? I'd love to get out there with some other people, but mornings don't work for me. If you'll be out in the afternoon and wouldn't mind another person, let me know and I'll see if I can make it. The roads out there are two lane country roads with no shoulders. They have a few bumps but are pretty decent. I did a ride out there a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning and there wasn't much traffic. I know what you mean about the stop and go. Most of my rides are around my neighborhood. Makes my average mph look really bad when I have to stop and wait for traffic. And yes, you just run around the lake. There is a path like the one on the Town Lake Hike and Bike trail and it follows the perimeter of the lake. It is suppose to be right at 3 or 3.1 miles. It will be the run portion of the tri.

Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate them. We are going to go out tomorrow but we're doing it in the morning due to constraints otherwise.

Let me know if you plan on going out there in the next couple of weekends before the race and want to do an afternoon ride.

2007-06-01 5:30 PM
in reply to: #823634

Austin, TX
katzchen55 - 2007-05-31 7:40 AM

Hey there folks! I did an OWS, bike and run out at Lake Pflugerville two weekends ago. The water is nice - not yucky and muddy at all, but not exactly clear either. The bike course is deceptively difficult - rolling hills for the first portion and a long steady slight incline for the second portion. Makes you think you should be going faster when you really have to work to keep your speed going. It would serve you well to get out there and ride it a couple of times to get a feel for it. It is a very pretty ride. The run is around the lake on the trail and there are NO TREES so it will probably be pretty hot on race day. It's nice and flat, though.

If you're planning an afternoon ride out at LT, I can do that and would love to join you. I could probably be out there around 2ish.

Thank you so much for the tips. We are going to do a morning ride tomorrow because of time constraints in the afternoon.

This is my first tri and my nerves are gaining on me! I hurt a back muscle 2 monday's ago and it knocked me out of commission for the past 2 weeks other than some random bike rides to work and back.
2007-06-02 5:11 AM
in reply to: #772587

User image

Regular
Round Rock, TX
Hey folks - I'm in for the Pflugerville tri as well. There's a group from work ramping up for it. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there...
2007-06-02 11:50 AM
in reply to: #772587

Regular
Austin, Texas
Hi all!

I am another newbie who got rained out of the CapTex. I'm sure everyone can relate to the feeling of being "left at the alter"

I signed up for the Lake Pflugerville Tri. But apparently...I was one of the last to do so and by the time my training friend went to register, they were full!!!!! She begged and pleaded with the race director but was not able to get in. We are both so disappointed, we've been training together for 2+ months and neither of us wants to do our first Tri "alone". We have our fingers crossed that maybe they will open it up for another 50 or so athletes.

If you hear of someone canceling, please let me know.

Since I was only prepared for the CapTex First Tri, the next thing I want to do is see if my Tri suite really will be sufficient for the longer bike ride at Pflug. My rear-end was fine after "only" 7 miles, but not sure about the nearly 14 miles . I'll propably wear it tomorrow - we are doing City Loop (24 miles) and then I'll turn that into Brick. Running is my weakness, but I was able to complete 1.5 miles today non-stop (no walk break) out of a 5K walk/jog.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT'ers in the Austin Area Rss Feed  

of 4