General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 1994 Litespeed Tachyon Titanium Tri Bike - $850 Shipped Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2007-04-25 12:49 PM

New user

Subject: 1994 Litespeed Tachyon Titanium Tri Bike - $850 Shipped
It is time to clean out the stable a little bit and with that goes my used (1994) Litespeed Tachyon bike (Titanium frame!). It has made for a great triathlon training bike. The beauty of Titanium is that it is soft enough to absorb a lot of road noise and stiff enough to transfer your energy efficiently and light enough not to slow you down...not to mention very very durable!

It has the following frame dimensions:
50cm - center of BB to top of top tube,
57cm - center of seat tube to center of head tube,
and 75 cm - ground level to top of top tube (standover height).
Other measurements are available by request... not sure what the official "Size" is but it is a little bit bigger (taller and longer) than my 53cm Litespeed Blade so I would guess around the 54-56cm range.

-9 speed rear cassette with a double crankset in the front.
-The derailleur components (Front and Back) are Shimano 600 (which is what Shimano Ultegra components were called before they were called Ultegra).
-It comes with bar end shifters (dura ace 9 speed).
-The bike has never been crashed to my knowledge and shows no crash like scuffs or stresses.
-Comes with Syntace C2 aerobars size: long or large
-Set of 650c training wheels Velocity "deep" (see photo of front wheel) aero-V clincher.
-Nice newer tires (Michelin Ironmans maybe...I can check on that)
-Buffalo Composite Design Carbon Seatpost
-Selle Italia Genuine Gel Titanium(rails) Flite saddle
-New Dura Ace Brake and Shift cables and housing
-I can send you a set of spd pedals with the bike if you need them.
-Crank Borthers crankset (172.5cm I think)
-Profile Design Stem.

It is an older bike so it does have a few minor drawbacks...but they are totally upgradable as you decide what you really want out of this bike...the frame itself will probably outlive us all. As a matter of good faith, here are the drawbacks as I see them:

-Aluminum Fork, not carbon, not titanium. Little heavier.
-Diacomp brake levers, not designer, not really light but by no means heavy.
-Standard road style drop bars.
-Can't remember brake Caliper brand/model...but I think they are Tektro off a Felt bike...I'll double check if you might be interested.
-Front training wheel has a slight un-true in it. I still feel safe riding on them, but you might want to true them up.
-Front crank has a very slight untrue in it. You can feather the front deraileur so that you don't even notice it...but it is a drawback.

In 1994 this bike sold new for well over $3000. Considering the wear on the components and the above listed drawbacks...which I was as honest and upfront with as possible, I am asking for $850 shipped to the continental US. I have a nice bike box in my basement ready to get this thing rolling out to its happy new owner. I am going to post this as a new thread too...but let me know if you are interested. The photo is from last year, I have swapped the bar tape out and redone the cables to clean up the front end a little bit. It will not come with the Zipp rear wheel.

(bike1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bike1.jpg (56KB - 26 downloads)

2007-04-26 4:38 PM
in reply to: #776188

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: 1994 Litespeed Tachyon Titanium Tri Bike - $850 Shipped
Frame specs would be here:

http://www.litespeed.com/2007/catalog.aspx

Pick the 1994 catalog download (11 mb) and peruse to your heart's content. All frame dimensions are there (towards the end of the document, most likely).
2007-04-26 9:03 PM

New user

Subject: RE: 1994 Litespeed Tachyon Titanium Tri Bike - $850 Shipped
Two interesting revelations here...one I think it is a 57 cm frame which is why I don't think it fit me really well...and two I think it is actually a 1995 model year Tachyon. Thanks for the heads up!
2010-03-17 1:23 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 1994 Litespeed Tachyon Titanium Tri Bike - $850 Shipped Rss Feed