Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 2h 32m 1s
  • 40 miles
  • 15.79 mile/hr
Comments:

Went out to Muenster with Chuck (not on BT)... to ride the bike rally.

Saw Clint at Rest Stop 1. He decided to do the 65 mile route. We rode together chatting for a couple of miles and then he took off.

It was a very nice rally on country roads with little traffic.

Oh, and there were hills. LOTS OF HILLS. Seriously. I passed a lot of people going up those hills. There was also one hill that all these people had to stop and walk up... but I kept going!

Chuck tried to keep up with me, but about 25 mile into it, his legs were done with the hills. At one point he said he started riding with our friends Carolyn and Kathleen and was rather relieved to go be going their speed. Then he saw hat I was waiting for him, and knew he had to pick up the pace again. He thanked me for making him work a little harder than ususal out there.

Really good ride for me. I'm sure my average would have been higher, except for the parts where I got stuck behind cars (and had to go 9 mph) and behind slow people.

I am sure I could have made the 65 mile route, but Chuck was my ride and I didn't want him to wait on me at the end.

Post race
Warm down:

Went over to the German Fest and got in free. That was nice. Although the German Fest was just a place to buy a bunch of food and listen to the music. We did both and then headed out.

Event comments:

Really nice rally. The rolling and steep hills were great. The scenery around us was pretty and very few cars on the route. Rest stops were good, but they needed more port-o-potties at them. One port-o-pottie (2nd rest stop) for 2,000 riders... not good.

Next year, I will go back and do the 65 mile route.

Free entrance to the German Fest was cool. The 2 free beers/cola products wasn't good though. NO ONE could FIND where you could redeem the free coupons. We finally gave up and just bought something.

Last updated: 2007-04-18 12:00 AM
Biking
02:32:01 | 40 miles | 15.79 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Good
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-04-29 9:02 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: Metric Century Bicycle Rally

2007-04-29 1:09 PM
in reply to: #780356

User image

Expert
Waller County, TX
Subject: RE: Metric Century Bicycle Rally
Good job posting a solid ride. The improvement in your bike strength is starting to reveal itself.

Funny story... Free coupons, but no place to spend them.
2007-04-30 7:47 AM
in reply to: #780356

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Metric Century Bicycle Rally
Nice ride this weekend Karen.  Bike Rallies are a good way to get some miles on your legs.  Congrats.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Metric Century Bicycle Rally Rss Feed